The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a rifle for shooting .22BB Caps for quiet target practice. I know they don't produce enough power to cycle a semi-automatic action, let alone feed in any sort of magazine, but what are some decent muzzloader .22s out there? I've seen plentiful amounts of semi, bolt, and lever action .22s, but not many single shot rifles.

·
Super Moderator
40,167 Posts
I did not know (or think) there was such a thing as a .22 muzzleloader!! If you are going to shoot a .22BB Cap, it ain't a muzzleloader anyway.

Of course, what do I know, I've had a .22 revolver for 40 years that I thought was a single action until this morning!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know (or think) there was such a thing as a .22 muzzleloader!! If you are going to shoot a .22BB Cap, it ain't a muzzleloader anyway.

Of course, what do I know, I've had a .22 revolver for 40 years that I thought was a single action until this morning!!
I don't mean a muzzleloader in the physical sense, I've just heard of people reffering to break action breech loaders as modern muzzle loaders. Please let me know if this is wrong terminology.

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Of course, what do I know, I've had a .22 revolver for 40 years that I thought was a single action until this morning!
Hahahahohohohehehe..............now that right there is funny. Thanks for the laugh George, I needed that.

Hi Joe, I think you may be using the wrong description. Muzzleloaders are like what was used in the Revolutionary War. You know, pouring the powder down the "muzzle" then the ball. I think what you're looking for is a breech loader. Either a single shot bolt or drop bolt rifle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts