The Firearms Forum banner

Getting another one

2K views 6 replies 1 participant last post by  bigboom338 
#1 ·
I am happy to say that I will pick up my newest addition to my collection tomorrow I found a used Cabelas Hawken 54 cal for $100.
My wife thinks I am nuts but I couldnt pass it up.

#3 ·
A buddy of mine went and got it for me today, I will pick it up tomorrow(long story) anyhow he said it only has a couple of small nicks in the stock, no rust and the bore is clean. included in the deal were some balls,100 feather tick patches, a few conicals, 4 speed loaders, all of the jags( pullers patch and ball) a flask, ball starter,and a horn but that will be picked up later,also a capper.
I told my buddy to take what he wanted for going to get it for me so he is gonna keep the flask and a couple of speed loaders.
I figured for a hundred bucks I couldnt really go wrong.

#5 ·
I gotta add this to the story. A guy I work with wants to get into BP shootin but he doesnt have any money( not sure why) but when we found this deal, I said I would buy it and keep it and if he is serious about wanting to get into BP shootin I will sell it to him for the same money.
There are 3 of us at work who are REALLY into this BP thing so it was a joint project getting this rifle, one guy found the add another went and got it cause his grandfather lives in the same town it was located in about 60 miles away, and I am buying it. So when I read what BlueTic went through at that shoot he went to it makes me mad ,it doesnt take too much effort to help a newby out

But deep down I really want to keep this gun.....lol:D

#7 ·
GOT IT! and it aint gonna leave the house either if this friend of mine wants into BP shootin I have a cheap CVA I will sell him. The only thing this gun would need is the brass polished up a little and I am not gonna do that cause its a shooter not a museum piece,oh yeah and a new ramrod the one that is with it is split.
The fella who sold it musta been nuts. I will post some pics when I get them developed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.