gingrich would have shot missle down

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by rockntractor, Apr 5, 2009.

1. rockntractor

rockntractor Former Guest

2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

There is a thought I've always had every time a situation such as with North Korea's missiles or the Iranian nuclear program. That is the fairness of one country taking action against another for doing what it has done itself. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Now before you jump me for not understanding the situation, let me assure you I do. North Korea worries me. Iran worries me more. My question is more an academic inquiry into fairness, ethics, and international law.

Is this simply a case where the potential threat in a situation is so great that an arbitrary decision to suspend ethics is required? Or is there some concept of justice of which I'm unaware. We have ICBM's. Who are we to tell others they can't? We have nukes. How can we threaten others with an attack if they attempt to develop them?

It would seem that this would be analogous to us owning firearms but when a neighbor we don't like or trust attempts to acquire them we object even threatening violence to prevent it.

I've never heard this subject discussed before so I'd just like to throw it out there for as I said an academic discussion.

3. rockntractor

rockntractor Former Guest

the question is often answered with we are a moral free nation ruled by the influence of God. that argument will soon be gone. basically now it boils down to we have the power to say it's so . the small countrys are ruled by individal leaders with unstable personalitys.obviously my arguements are falling apart due to our current leadership. never mind.

4. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    MT, interesting food for thought. We are the only nation ever to use nuclear weapons. It seems that we take some moral high ground due to the fact that there has always been a question of how we should have used the bomb. We could have demonstrated it by dropping it offshore, killing no one, but displaying its power. At the time, there was worry over whether the thing would work, so we dropped it on inhabited cities, unannounced. Perhaps the awesome destruction that was produced made those in power come to the conclusion that they must never be used again. Thus our stance on anti-proliferation.
    We all agree that "rogue" nations such as Iran and North Korea pose too much of a threat, with there lack of moral concern for the rest of humanity, to let them become nuclear. TJ

5. Doug.38PR

Doug.38PR Member

^
    I don't agree with that last statement TeeJay. The Chinese used to brag all the time about how they, as a communist country, could afford to lose ten million people (as to their government and philosophy, people are just cattle in a collective) and wouldn't be afraid to bomb the West. But they never did, because they knew they would die too, they, like anybody, doesn't want to die and they don't want to lose their economy and destroy their country.
    All this neocan bravado and tough talk is just scare mongering to create hobgoblins and dragons for our gloryhound government to go fight (and justify their actions)

6. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Nukes nukes everyone has 'em answer is to develop tech to shoot 'em down as soon as launched.
    Star wars right?
    Tin pot Dicks will think twice if they could blow up on palace lawn.
    Now, whats the best and quickest way to dig a hole 10 ft wide 100 ft deep and 1000 sq ft at bottom?

7. Danwin22

Danwin22 Active Member

I think China will step on N. Korea like a roach if they invite nuclear weapon use in their area.

China makes too much money off the US to allow Korea to screw things up.

8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I have wondered about this also. Do we believe in a nation sovereign rights
    or do we want a one world government with us as boss? You said it better than I could.

9. Danwin22

Danwin22 Active Member

One thing you must remember is the US would consider the effects of a nuclear weapon on the bad guys neighbors and we could probably do a lot of damage to N.Korea without polluting the atmosphere.

Countries like Iran have but one thing on their agenda and that is to rid the earth of Israel. Iran doesn't care how much damage they do to their neighbors.

The US is a rational country that needs to be in a position of power just to eliminate these little Piss-ant tyrants from trying to take over the world like Hitler.

I think Russia is another country that will not be too quick to throw the world into a nuclear zone.

10. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

This shot could have been better if it had an incoming missle on an intercept course.

Attached Files:

11. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Or, if I had been in charge, it would have been blown up in this shot.

Attached Files:

12. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

Let me get this straight, Because WE have nuclear weapons, EVERYBODY should have nuclear weapons?
    Because I own firearms, my insane neighbor should be allowed to own them?
    Insane maniacs like Amendeijhan? Kim Jon II ?
    (I know i misspelled their names.)