Girls, Guns and Carry Permits

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Rae Harrison, Mar 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Rae Harrison

Rae Harrison Well-Known Member

So, I've picked out the gun I want when the houses closes.
    Where do I go after that? Besides actually buying the Charter Arms Pink Lady .38?

Also, I have a saddle bags like this and would like to put a holster in the lunch side.... Any ideas? cashel-lunch-bag-and-bottle-holder-saddle-bag-sb-hb-lbbh-92.jpg
    Its about 7 inches by 6 and 1/2
    @tuckerd1 may have some Ideas?​

2. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member

Mag pouch some how mounted on it.

tedwitt and Rae Harrison like this.

3. seneca

seneca Well-Known Member

Not sure what your employment situation is but the important thing is to have this rig close at hand at a moments notice. I'm presently involved with trying to find my wife a way to carry her Ruger LCR concealed and I must admit it is a challenge for you ladies. The other problem is my wife is a fashionista and that has to come first; can't mess up the look! Good luck, Rae!

4. Rae Harrison

I'll have it in my saddle bags and on my person. I don't carry a purse all the time...
    I'm out on the ranch a lot....

5. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member

If your wife has a thin purse strap, the extra weight can be a sore spot when she is out and about from the weight.

6. Larry Isaacs

Larry Isaacs Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The most important thing to remember about buying most anything does it fit and can you afford the price?
    I think the weapon will be a fine choice and will serve you for many years. Have you shot this or a weapon similar to it?
    I am not a big fan of carrying a weapon off the body.
    The bag can be snatched and or forgotten big problem either way.

The best of Luck

Larry

7. Rae Harrison

Having it in a saddle bag would only be while I'm riding....
    Most of the time have it on my person....

shootbrownelk and tedwitt like this.
  8. REM1875

REM1875 Well-Known Member

TEXAS - near Buffalo Springs -Clay County
    Charter Arm Makes good guns ..... I often carry my PitBull 40 S&W when I am out and about around the house !!!
    I think you will enjoy it Rae !!!

9. seneca

seneca Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of over the shoulder purse carry because it's too much of an easy target. There is a clip on ASP on you tube if you can find it that shows a petite Asian lady who has her purse snatched from her shoulder but refused to let go ( or couldn't, the strap appears to be wrapped around her arm) and gets drug to the getaway car and run over and killed with her arm still wrapped in the purse strap. It is shocking to watch but a good lesson for women, gun or no gun.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2020
  10. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Why not pull up some on-line catalogs from the major holster manufacturers? That'd give you a pretty good idea of what's out there. Many of the on-line catalogs ask you to enter the make, model, barrel length etc., and they'll display all the products that apply - save you some page turning. Whatever you do, please don't even think about ankle holsters - they only work in the movies, and even then not all that often.

11. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporting Member

I'm going to talk a situation first.
    You are riding down a road or trail and a crook jumps out to grab your horse's reins. Your horse spooks and you hit the ground. You are still conscious. Where is your gun? It better be on your body or you could be in big trouble.

Rae, try to decide which holster is best for you. Saddle bags are not for self defense. Just my opinion.

12. rawright54

rawright54 Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work Supporting Member

Just a thought - if you wait 'till you leave the PRC, you'll have 10x the choices available to you there.;)

13. seneca

seneca Well-Known Member

In my quest for a concealment solution for my wife I came across a holster that clips to the bra and the gun hangs upside down under the blouse. Looked uncomfortable to me but I showed it to my wife anyway. She looked at me like I had a bolt loose somewhere. End of that device.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2020
  14. Empty_Holster

Empty_Holster Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You have good taste in revolvers. My wife's first carry - with pink bullets!!
    Chic lady.JPG

15. tedwitt

tedwitt 440 Supporting Member

My wife loves hers.

BlackEagle and shootbrownelk like this.