The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with Glock magazines designed for California (and other states) to hold 10 rounds coming up short? I was able to force 9 into one and just 7 into another – 9mm. Perhaps my thumb is too weak or perhaps they are defective. This even using the tool included in the case to assist in mag loading – which I cannot imagine carrying around with me.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
yep the 10 rounders are a PITA. due to the round limit dimples up and down the insides of the magazines.

It is what it is man. Mine are hard to load but I can get all 10 in there.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
When I purchased my G-19 is came with three of those 10 rd. mags. I later picked up some 15 rd. mags but I use the 10 rd. mags at the range also and fortunately I have not had that problem.

·
Premium Member
22,050 Posts
I just bought my wife a Ruger p-9. I live in Cook county so I got the one with 10 round mags. I could only get 5 or 6 in. Thats with the speed loader that came with it. My son got all 10 in.

I bought some 10 rounders for my Beretta 92. They were hard to load also. I left when loaded for a week and now they are better. Still not as easy as my 15 round ones.

I would say leave them loaded for a week or so and see if it helps seat the spring.

·
Premium Member
22,050 Posts
I left my wife's p9 mag's loaded for about a week and looks like it seated the springs. Still hard but I can get them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I own a Glock 22 .40 and have 5 hi-cap factory mags. On all 5 that 15th round is a bugger to get in. I don't even try any more. I figure if I can't take the bad guys out with 70 rounds then I'll just have to use my AR-15.

·
Registered
307 Posts
They will hold 10 but it takes force get get the last one in the mag. I'm told that loading up the mag and letting it set for a couple of days will loosen the spring. The Glock loader can be junked IMO, rather, pick up an UpLula universal pistol loader. The UpLula is excellent and saves wear and tear on your thumbs when you spend a day on the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.