The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to try out my new Glock 30 today. As with all my Glocks there were no new surprises. The gun functioned perfectly. Got really tight groups at seven and ten yards, using 230 grain FMJ rounds. Groups were all dead on within one to two inches. No feeding problems or jams. The ten round mags had the extension for my pinky which really made for a comfortable grip. I think I am really going to like this gun. Size wise about same as the 19/23 models but a little wider. A bit heavier when fully loaded also.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I found the G30 to be a great shooter with almost any ammo. Mine never had function issues, except for a reloading lesson it taught. Using start loads, rounds wouldn't feed reliably in my G30. Apparently the weight of the slide and recoil spring made it prefer heavier powder charges. Regardless, congrats.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have to say my G30SF is my favorite weapon for concealed carry now. I did add a Pearce grip extender (about $10) for each mag which made the grip fit just right. It shoots great, handles my reloads and factory rounds without any problems. I'm very happy with it.

gundriller

·
Registered
27 Posts
johnnybocce.

Sorry, but I've been away for awhile, but I like my Don Hume JIT Slide on a 1 3/4" belt, not much to it, but it works for me.

To keep it handy and concealed while in the car, I like it in a Wilderness holster that looks like a tool pouch or an Ipad case which can be worn on the belt as well. Not as bad as a fanny pack but somewhat bulky, from Midway USA.

Either way is comfortable year round and meets my needs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh, something else,

I should also add, the Wilderness holster required a simple modification to remove the buckle and add a strip of velcro to secure the flap instead.

recently I saw an ad for a very similar leather version called SneakyPete holster, but I don't think it's available for our G30sf yet.

hope this helps
gundriller

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.