Glock Drop-In Conversion Barrels

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

nozeppo
    (2/25/02 10:25:12 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Drop in Barrels
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm looking for a drop-in for my Glock 27 (40 cal) to go to a 357SIG. I see a lot of barrel manufacturers such as Bar-Sto, KMM, etc. that offer a SS drop in at about $150-200. Then I see Federal Arms drop-in at $89.00. Does anyone have experience with this manufacturer? Lone Wolf & I think TopGlock sells them. Why are they so cheap?
    Any help would be appreciated.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/25/02 10:42:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Drop in Barrels
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll preface this by saying I have no first-hand experience with the Federal Arms units, nor do I sell them.

From all I've heard, the Federals are the junkers of the aftermarket barrels. Many more reports of unhappy users than happy ones. Go with KKM, Bar-Sto or Jarvis, pay the few extra $$ and get a known quality product.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (2/25/02 10:53:55 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Drop in Barrels
    The KKM barrels are good. I installed a .357 Sig barrel in a customers Glock 22 and it works great.

nozeppo
    (2/25/02 11:15:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Drop in Barrels
    Thank You both for your opinion.
    Kinda figured...you get what you pay for.
    I'll go with the KKM or Bar-sto.