Glock Magazines or Not?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Snakedriver, Jun 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Snakedriver

Snakedriver Active Member

As you may or may not recall we got my wife a Glock 19 last weekend. She's thrilled with it and can't wait to get to the range to try it out. Anyway, I've been looking at the various magazines available for the pistol and I have a question for those of you that have experience with Glocks. Are the Korean made magazines any good??? :confused: They are almost exactly half the price of the Glock brand ones, so if they are any good I think I'll order a couple. What do you think??? I reallly want to get one of the 33-round mags. to try!:D

2. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

If they are metal mags then they will have a negative effect on the catch or something? that is plastic. Stick with the factory Glock Mags or you will eventually create a problem for yourself where non would have existed....

Plus....do you really want your wife carrying that thing for defense with some krappy Korean made magazine? That's like buying a Honda for reliability and then trying to make it run on diesel fuel because you got some real cheap....

mike
    gn

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009

3. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

The absolute fastest way to turn a stone cold reliable pistol into a jammamatic is to use cheap, aftermarket magazines.

SPEND A LITTLE EXTRA FOR THE GLOCK FACTORY MAGS!!!!!!!!!!

The only aftermarket mags I trust for ANY of my non-1911 pistols are MecGars (for my 1911 I use Wilson 47D's). MecGar doesn't make Glock mags, so get the factory product.

Just my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

factory Glock magazines are not that expensive. There is not much reason to use aftermarket.

5. Definitely stay with factory mags, Snake. It's simply not worth the risk to depend on a cheap mag when your life may depend on its function.

6. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Factory mags only please in your Glock. If you must use the aftermarket one (KCI) use them only for range time. The quality and reliabilty are quite suspect. Stay safe.

7. gunpir8

gunpir8 New Member

Snakedriver..... I know this is an olde question but I wanted to see if any one else had the same experiences that I did.....I picked up a few KCI glock mags the other day for Sh*ts and giggles at agun show because they were cheap. I paid $10 for two. I should have handed a homeless bum the $10 so he could get some beer! It would have been a much better investment! They are junk! Stick with Glock Factory! You get what you pay for!

8. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

I always stick with Glock factory magazines and purchase them from here...

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

Good prices and fast shipping.
    PS: the 33 rounders are fun:D

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  9. hogger129

hogger129 Well-Known Member

Quite honestly, I'd stick by the factory Glock magazines. Sometimes spending a little more money can be worth it.

10. zb338

zb338 Member

CDNN is really selling them pretty inexpensively. The dealer's price for
    Glock mags from my distributer bought as a single magazine is around $15.
    $20 a pop is not bad at all.

Zeke

11. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

factory glock mags only. summit gun broker.com has them very reasonable, checkit out