The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Glock 19 a few weeks ago from a Bellevue gun shop (the first gun in my life). Yesterday I took it to a shooting range near my home, and it got jammed several times. The staff there was very nice and taught me how to deal with that situation. And he told me the 3 mags (capacity is 10) that came with the gun were not the original Glock mag, and he told me he felt sorry this happened to me.

I am still a newbie but really enjoyed shooting. Can someone tell me what is the difference between this mag and the original one, and is it a common practice for the gun shop to replace the original mags? Thanks a lot!

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They replaced the mags because they could not sell the gun with the OEM factory mags because of the %&&#[email protected]! 10 rd law you have in Wa. Greg Cote is a good place or E Bay to get 10 rd mags. Those mags you have are almost as bad a ProMags. You can take them apart, and check if the springs are installed wrong or the lips need spread....go to YouTube for some vids to help you use them till you can get some Glock mags.
Yes the gun shop did mention that "%&&#[email protected]! 10 rd law" when they gave me the gun. Now it made sense. Thanks a lot for the info.
I never realized I want to move to Texas this bad after I fell in love with shooting.

I can't see if they are genuine Glock but if they are call Glock and maybe they will replace them for free or sell you new. Glock is one of the best CS gun manufacturer. Your gun is covered with a lifetime warranty. How do I know, my sister gave me a 19 and it needed a new frame, Glock did it for free. But ck with them before anybody else.
Thanks. The gun is a good gun. It's just knowing the mags were replaced made me uncomfortable. I will contact the gun shop to see if they can give me the Glock 10 rounder mags. Thank you!

You should have gotten genuine Glock magazines with your pistol, either 10 rounders or 15 rounders.
Will go to the gun shop and ask them. Thank you. My state has banned 15 rounders now:confused:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you sure it was the mags that caused the stoppage? I have magazines from different manufactures including Pmag. So the mags may not be the issue. It could be improper grip or even a problem with the gun itself. More time at the range may reveal the exact problem.How many rounds were fired being new at shooting is a common cause with new gun owners.Did this happen with both mags?
My grip needs improvement for sure. I could take a picture next time this happens to me, but basically there was one bullet stuck in the chamber area tilted. If I release the mag and pull back the slide, that one will drop to the ground and problem solved. I will google how to improve my grip, but let me know if you have good advices. Thanks!

First thing I thought of was "limp wristing" with you being a new shooter.
First time I heard this term. Googled it and very helpful. Do appreciate.

Are you sure it was the mags that caused the stoppage? I have magazines from different manufactures including Pmag. So the mags may not be the issue. It could be improper grip or even a problem with the gun itself. More time at the range may reveal the exact problem.How many rounds were fired being new at shooting is a common cause with new gun owners.Did this happen with both mags?
I believe the stoppage was more likely due to my improper grip based on the above discussions. It's good to learn this knowledge and I will try to practice more. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts