The Firearms Forum banner

Glock mod 22 Gen 1

Tags
glock
10K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  BillM 
#1 ·
I have a first generation Glock model 22 that I am thinking about selling to a man at my local gun club. Originally, I purchased the model 22 and another model 27 from a retiring boarder agent. The 22 was his service weapon, and the 27 was his backup. I really only wanted the 27, but he talked me into buying both. For both of them, I paid $800. The deal included a bunch of extras, like a duty belt, two holsters, spare mag and handcuff pouches, etc. I have no use for any of that type of stuff, but I have it all. So, here's the deal- I carry the 27 every day, but I really don't have a use for the full sized 22. I have tried to sell the 22 and all the extras to a few people that are going into police work, but most of them will be issued department weapons, and weren't interested. The other day, I was at my club, and one of the members ( ret LEO ) and I were talking about his son entering the academy, and did he need a duty gun... One of the other members overheard us, and joined the conversation. Turns out,the third guy wants to see the mod 22. So, here's the question- How much should I ask for this ??? The model 22 was indeed a service weapon, and has been carried as such. It shows signs of this type of wear, but by no means is it in bad shape. Internally, it is perfect. It has not been modified in any way. All parts are original. This is a pre-ban pistol, and has two pre-ban mags with it. ( 15 round mags NOT MARKED AS LE/MILITARY ONLY ) There is nothing fancy about this pistol, as the sights are standard front blade (white) and rear has a white "U" shape outline. I have seen several of these same pistols for sale at gun shops and shows. Nearly all of them are priced at about $525 or a little higher with the pre-ban mags, and many of them are not in as good of condition as the one I have. So just take a shot in the dark and give me an idea of a realistic price to ask for this - I don't want to soak this guy, but I don't want to lose money on the deal either. What do you think ???

See less See more
#2 ·
Prices vary around the country. In north Texas I can walk into just about any gunshow and pick up a brand new Glock for around $500. this would be the latest and greatest, with a built in railfor accessories. No such thing anymore here as pre ban, that expired long ago. I don't know about New York, they may still have a law on the books. Around here a used 1st gen would run about 325-375.

#6 ·
I recently sold 2 Gen 3 Glocks that were 95% + guns in the orginal boxes. A 17 and a 21. They were offered for $525 cash and carry and they sold within 3 days.

I can buy used, in good condition Gen 3 Glocks in our local gun stores for $425-525 all day

Brand new Gen 3 and Gen 4 are going for $549-575 range

Do you have the Tupperware box for your gun? Those add value

#7 ·
There were no "gen 1" G22's. The 40 cal G22 didn't come out until Gen 2. That said,
around here (Pacific Northwest) a Gen 2 G22 police trade in gun in good shape with
2 magazines will go out the door including background check for $360-$385 from a dealer.
That includes the Tupperware box, but usually no manual.

I actually like the Gen 2 guns better than the finger grooved Gen 3 guns. Have a pair of
them---G17 and G22--set up with all the same goodies for USPSA competition/carry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.