Glock Trigger replacement

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Licksnsticks, May 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Licksnsticks

Licksnsticks New Member

Hi all
    Well I got a new Glock 19 and so far I really like it. I am interested in lowering the trigger pull though. I am wondering about the trigger kits you can get such as this one from Topglock (Scherer, 3 1/2 Pound Trigger, Pull Connector)
    1. Is this a safe conversion??
    2. Is this IDPA legal?
    3. Is this easy to do. (I am pretty handy with tools)

Can anyone reccomend a better resonable priced trigger to get??

I am looking to shoot some IDPA shoots to to become more familiar with my Pistol. Not really even worrying about winning anything except better control and proficency with the firearm.
    Thanks before hand for your answers
    Blessings
    Chet

2. GW1

GW1 New Member

I recently installed a 3.5 lb trigger connector in my glock 22 .40 cal and there was only about 1 1/2 lbs difference in the trigger pressure. It started off with a 7 1/2 lb pull and now it is at a 6 lb pull. However, if you really find a way to get the pull on a glock to 3.5 lbs let me know. The trick about shooting a glock is all in the technique. Once you have mastered that ( I have proudly earned my pistol expert pin) you will be able to shoot your glock with deadly accuracy. Lots of practice.... and get some training on trigger control using a glock from a firearms instructor. It is well worth your time and $$ if any is spent. Good luck.