Goin crazy over here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, May 7, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

I’m going crazy over here, today is my/our third day of no smoking.

It is really crazy the rut we can get into, for example; Coffee equals at least one smoke. Get in the car, smoke. Eat, then smoke. Fart, light one up to cover the smell.

I’m going through the crazy feelings and anxiety but one feeling remains the same. I didn’t really want to quit, but faced with flat out lie that Obomba told everybody “I’m not going to raise taxes…” and the reality of the 2300% increase in tax, I have to quit. By the way, does this make me a child hater now, beings that I’m not supporting the S Chip program anymore?:rolleyes:

Well wish us luck I guess, maybe even a prayer would be nice.:)

2. XShooter

XShooter New Member

Congrats on quitting! You'll probably live longer and have better health. You can use all the money you are saving on guns and ammo now!

3. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Yeah congratulations on quitting. once you get over the 3 day hump its easier from there so i have heard.

How are you quitting cold turkey?

4. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Marlin go for it!
    I quit Jan 1st and feel great already.
    I did use commit Lozenges for 2 months, 2 mg. The 4 mg were too strong for me. They recommend using them for 3 months, just watch out that they don't become the new cigarette.
    When they raised the taxes on 'em It was just one more reason not to smoke.
    By the way, I smoked for 30 yrs. If I live to 80, I'll be walking(wheeling) into the nearest bar to order a carton and a bottle of the finest.:):)

5. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Hang in there, I had to go in the woods for seven days when i quit chewing,
    I wanted to kill something.

6. SARG

SARG Member

I'll quit sometime soon as well ...... Got several hundred Chantix tabs and an equal number of Zyban pills just waiting for me on top of the fridge.

Of course there is the twelve cartons of smokes that I ordered from the Injuns for $180. before the Federal tax increase kicked into effect ...... so it'll be awhile.

7. 38 special

38 special New Member

good luck it aint easy i quit 30 years ago but chew tobbaco sometimes. Chewing doesnt seem quite as additive but its not a good habit either. I did notice I can breath alot easier and definitely dont get winded like i used too after i quit smoking. I dont have the constant urge to chew like i did with smoking cigarettes but got to watch out for mouth cancer if you chew too much.

8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Congratulations on breaking the habit Marlin. That's an awesome step toward saving a whole lot of money and potentially living longer. ;)

9. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

I used to chew and found it harder to quit that then smoking. I really quit chewing by switching to 2 packs of smokes a day.

We have patches and some gum (nickorette or whatever) so we are not really quitting cold turkey.

We did stock up right before the tax increase, then watched our supply decrease to the point of reality. When its gone there won’t be anything to smoke.

The self physiological warfare is a trip for sure.

I know we will feel better and have a better life because of this change in lifestyle, but that doesn’t make me any happier about the “I’m not going to raise taxes…” BS.

Thanks for the support everybody!

10. 38 special

38 special New Member

I guess the biggest motivator is fear. Two people i knew got throat cancer from smoking. It scared the living Hell out of me and I quit smoking (slowly).I changed to chewin tobacco but only a can a week. The truth is No tobbaco is really good for you and there really isnt ant justification for it. It's a habit.

11. pawn

pawn Active Member

i had to go on the patch when I quit about 12 years ago. you can do it, but its not easy

good luck :)

12. artabr

artabr New Member

I feel your pain brother. Don't give up. If I can do it anybody can.

Art

13. 358 winchester

358 winchester New Member

I am growing my own rabbit tobacco

14. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

I quit smoking over 20 some years ago, I really liked it too. Pack a day without brew, two packs with. Got p*ssed off over burning yet another shirt. And quit cold turkey--it was brutal, I feel for ya, but it was worth it. Do it!! Even if ya slip and start, quit again, but get off em I am sure I have better health because I did. We are pulling for ya.

15. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member

The Mantra the helped me: "I'm not going to have a smoke Today". "Forever" is to hard to get your mind around; "Today" is graspable (is that a word?:D).

Good luck...I stopped about 20+ years ago and did it cold turkey after having a 2 pack a day habit for 20 years.