Going backwards in time I do believe.....

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/20/02 11:10:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Going backwards in time I do believe.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Going from the modern style rifles slowly....traded away the Remington 700 for a Remington 03-A3, now I've just agreed to trade a SKS and a Mosin-Nagant M-44 for a flintlock.

Guess I really am an old fashioned girl after all.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (11/21/02 3:32:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Going backwards in time I do believe.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    T, just make sure the flintlock is not one of them cheapo cheapo cheapo reproductions.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 6:28:12 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Going backwards in time I do believe.....
    or the barrel is rusted shut

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 11:44:56 am)
    Geez.....next thing ya know, she'll be trading Enfields for matchlocks!

I love those old-fashioned girls!

ThePitbullofLove
    (11/21/02 3:20:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Lynn..
    I've got a spear I'll trade ya for an Enfield...
    Well, it's not a spear really. More of a sharp stick. Well, maybe not that sharp; it's actually more of a branch that I picked up while I was walking the otherday, but you could brain someone with it really easily!
    I'll tell ya what, send me an Enfield and I'll give ya the branch and thow in an "unissued paleolithic projectile" (read as big rock) for free....now that's a deal on ancient weapons!
    I'll await your reply.

mckheean
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/21/02 4:57:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 700
    T,I love Military Firearms also but it would also be very hard for me to get rid of a Remington 700 BDL that being my favorite modern rifle.I have a 700 BDL 6mm that I bought new in 1975 with 1,790 rounds through it and 671 Groundhog kills that still shoots a one inch group at 200 yards.Good luck on the trade and lets see some pictures. Benny the Hog Hunter

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/21/02 5:05:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 700
    T, just when I was thinking you had real good taste in firearms, you go and trade them off. IMHO the "glory days" of firearms was around WWII and shortly thereafter. The Mosins, Mausers, SKS's are keepers! What are you gonna do with an old flintlock, anyway?
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 6:12:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    If yer goin back in time, are we gonna see you walkin around dressed in deer/buffalo skins and moccasins, with a trade blanket wrapped around your shoulders when it's cold outside?

If yer retrograding your equipment, ya might as well do the same with yer clothes.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 7:07:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 700
    mckeen - I only got rid of one Remington 700! The one in 30-06 I'll get back eventually (if my friend ever gets done elk hunting with it). Or in other words I merely traded a rifle that used a very expensive round for a rifle I had a lot of ammo for (and I liked better).

ThePitbullofLove - Nah I ain't giving up any enfields. Might sell one now and again but never give those up.

1952Sniper - I had 4 SKS's and 4 Mosin's (2 91/30's, 2 M44s). Doesn't hurt me to give up a SKS and a M44. As for what am I going to do with the flintlock??? Shoot it of course. They are a very interesting weapon.

Ruffitt - what makes you think I haven't done all of that at one time? Actually my leathers were more suited for Harley riding at that time - but I had the elk hide jacket with the long fringe and many other stuff that belonged to that era - who's to say I won't get back into it again.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/21/02 9:27:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Me got big rock, yoo likem trade for SKS???

Ok, I make deal sweet, I trow in club wit spikes too!

You crack me up Gal!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 9:48:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter

Glad I crack somebody up....

However, if somebody had a real nice recurve and/or a nice compound bow - I might be persuaded to trade a Enfield or a SKS for it.

Call me fickle...

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 10:19:10 pm)
    me gota crossbow

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 10:26:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Not legal to shoot a crossbow at animals unless you are handicapped here.

Besides do you know how hard it is to pull those so you can set the arrow on it?

No way am I tht strong.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 10:29:20 pm)
    me either

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 11:32:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    TLynn -

I was thinking more in the line of "Pocahontas"/frontier woman than "Biker Babe" when I wrote my comment about dressing in skins. Know you've been the "BB" route before. Tanned skins and blankets would go well with the smoke pole you've acquired.

Rick - What kinda xbow ya got? Mine is an Excalibur Exomag.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/21/02 11:55:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Ruffitt - had that too except I never wore a dress. Had the elk hide high boots, the elk jacket fringed (could sit on it that's how long it was).

Had the feathers to braid into the long hair (and yes my hair was long - and it's got about 6-7 months to go before it's back waist length again or real close to it).

And I know how to do beadwork so don't be surprised if I do the whole gambit again. The coat is going to be the hardest - but hey that's what an awl is for to make the hole to sew it with.

Go Get Beer
    (11/22/02 3:38:41 am)
    It isn't legal to own a crossbow without a proper permit in Poland. It is however legal to own a 'replica' for reenactment purposes. So one of my brother's acquaintances has a 'replica' with more than a half ton pull, shooting 1 kg steel bolts. You need a large winch to cock that one, but you can shoot through a side of a BRDM armored car with it.
    AFAIK he ain't selling, though.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/22/02 8:21:54 am)
    I wonder if that crossbow that shoots 1kg steel bolts is legal here in the US. Once they've taken away all our firearms, will we still be allowed to shoot bows & arrows and crossbows? Hmmmmm. Something like that might be fun to have.

I bet that sucker has one heck of a kick to it.

T, I have a couple of good slingshots I'll trade you for one of your SKS's.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/22/02 6:26:24 pm)
    T, I for one agree with you. It is both fun and a challenge to forego all the stainless steel braked/ported magna-rifles and go after something with a "relic" that you have fondness for.
    My son shot two does with the worlds ugliest enfield in .303 brit. (stock is bright neon green jungle camo) He could not have been happier if he was using a lazzaroni. His head and chest were so puffed and proud that I had him ride in the back of the truck...couldnt fit in the cab. In all honesty, he is a good kid.
    I picked up a three pointer with my 6.5 swede. Missed him twice before I figured the scope was off. ( probably had something to do with that fall from the tree stand the day before.) I then popped him in the chest with the open sights under the scope. Shooting a 140 gr Nosler partition at 2600 fps. Bullet went through the right side of the chest straight through the deer and out the left ham. Messed him up more than I wanted but, hey, I'm eating him later this winter. Pretty good penetration on a big Minnesota whitetail from a relic milsurp round...right?
    swede
    Wyoming Swede

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/22/02 6:31:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Indeed yes Swede, indeed it was a good shot.

Did you hear I picked up a Swede in 6.5 the other day? Haven't a clue as to what I'm going to do with it yet.

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/23/02 8:35:52 am)
    Congrats Teresa...You keep that one forever after you start shooting it. I have never seen a swede that didnt shoot well. swede
    Wyoming Swede

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/9/02 4:06:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Swede,
    T's Swedish Mauser is a M-38 in almost perfect condition.
    I have fired it a lot before trading it to her, and it's a tack driver with iron sights. It is a beautiful piece.

berto
    Endeaver to Persevere

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/9/02 10:06:38 pm)
    I am sure glad that I had the high mounts on my swede...scope was off due to fall...however, put the irons on him and I knew he was gonna fall.

Berto...swede mausers are my favorites...all time. I have never seen one that didn't shoot well. Kind of a shame that prices have gone up so much, doubled since I bought mine.
    I guess SAMCO still has a few.

swede
    Wyoming Swede

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/9/02 10:59:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    One bad thing about the 6.5X55 swede ammo, If you don't reload, the commercial ammo is kinda spendy.

But dang they are Fun!!

berto

Endeaver to Persevere