The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havn't had the pot going in a while. Walked out on lania and uncovered my molds and pot.. A little dog hair on it.. But apparently that's ok flux!

Made up a test batch of 240 gr8 projectiles for my 44 special ( or magnum ).

Just dropped them, have them in alox so I can size them. Will pan lube later and make up some test loads.

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts
Looking good and sounds like a good idea. Rainy and cold out there today.

Reactions: soundguy

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Going to get mine going-just making alloy with foundry and pure,then do inventory.

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to add a couple tin nuggets to my 10# pot. Im running range scrap bigots.

Turning out good though.

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts
Went out and fired up the pot. Here's what I did..

20201204_183315.jpg
140 grn supposedly SWC from a Lee mold.
20201204_183409.jpg
And 125 grn Lyman round nose.

Both for the 38 spl.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Havn't had the pot going in a while. Walked out on lania and uncovered my molds and pot.. A little dog hair on it.. But apparently that's ok flux!

Made up a test batch of 240 gr8 projectiles for my 44 special ( or magnum ).

Just dropped them, have them in alox so I can size them. Will pan lube later and make up some test loads. View attachment 240391
is that is all you made? load and shoot them then it will take longer to clean the gun. cast a bunch, load a bunch, then the clean time is worth it. oh and have fun.
wheel guns are so much fun!

rick

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is that is all you made? load and shoot them then it will take longer to clean the gun. cast a bunch, load a bunch, then the clean time is worth it. oh and have fun.
wheel guns are so much fun!

rick
I made a batch of 50. Didn't want to make more till I tried these. I shoot and then dig some slugs to make sure I have the alloy where I want it. I want them hard enough...but not too hard.

I may use these in 44 mag as well.

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, here are the first of my test runs for 44 spl. Made these for that charter arms target bulldog that is so dang light.

240gr lrn over 4 gr of trail boss and a win LPP.

I like loading these big pistol cases.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts