The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need some good recommendations for scopes. The scope will be for a 6.5 creedmoor. I need a good dependable scope. Please tell me your ideas.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have had the best luck with Nikon and Leupold.

There are a ton of great scoped out there. Sadly you have to drop some serious money on them because a cheap scope will let you down. And the rings are very important as well, get good rings

Also a bit more info would help if you want specific recommendations.
What will it be used for (ie. hunting, target, varmints?)
What distance will it be used for?
What kind of gun? (Bolt, auto?)

·
Premium Member
8,384 Posts
You will need to let us know your budget and what you plan to do with the Rifle.

Will you be competing, hunting, distance shooting? I saw a pretty good scope the other day for $3500.00 but you will never see it on any of my guns :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had the best luck with Nikon and Leupold.

There are a ton of great scoped out there. Sadly you have to drop some serious money on them because a cheap scope will let you down. And the rings are very important as well, get good rings

Also a bit more info would help if you want specific recommendations.
What will it be used for (ie. hunting, target, varmints?)
What distance will it be used for?
What kind of gun? (Bolt, auto?)
It's a bolt action target gun. It will be used out to 1500 yards

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hunting, competition or tactical? Will you need it to determine range? Variable or fixed? What price range? Milliradian or MOA? Out to 1500 yards, I would get as much magnification as I could afford and at least a 30mm tube. A lot of the scopes characteristics (and price) are going to be determined by the answers to these questions.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
As said by others Vortex are nice scopes and you can get one in any price range. They’re warranty can’t be beat either, unconditional lifetime. Run over it in the driveway and they’ll either fix it or send you a new one.

1500 yards if a fer piece;). If your looking for really high end look at US Optics or Schmidt&Bender:D.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I need some good recommendations for scopes. The scope will be for a 6.5 creedmoor. I need a good dependable scope. Please tell me your ideas.

Thanks
My personal experience with rifle scopes is not very wide, but I have an uncle that have try a lot of brand of scopes, americans and germans, and his favorites are Leupolds. I just got a Nikon 22-rimfire bdc 150 and is really nice. I think that you can´t go wrong in quality/price with Leupold, nikon, vortex or Bushnell, the kind of scope will depende on what you pretend to use it.
Good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts