The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congratulations
So I will start with yesterday (Opening day) I got to my stand and got in (I blew out my knee a week or 2 ago so I had to use the 4-wheeler) And I had 2 young does start across and saw the 4-wheeler and booked so I was not in a good mood even though I would not have shot them (Too small) this told me the day was not going to be good.
As some of you already know I have problems with the hunting camp that leese the land below me well yester day 2 of them came by and stopped as I was trying to see what they wanted a deer came in from the new land next to me (I say new because I am in the middle of buying all 15 acres) The buck saw them and booked he was not close enough to see his size or how many points he was so anyway these jerks yelled "I hope you don't see anything" and shot off there guns which blew out my afternoon hunting.
Now onto today.
I woke up at 4:30 herd the wind and saw it was snowing so I turned off the 5am alarm but could not get back to sleep.
So I got up not expecting to go out due to the forecast of steady winds with gusts up to 30mph and heavy snow squaws.
Then the next thing I know I was getting dressed to go out. I told my wife that I was going anyway even if the temp was 12 degrees with wind chills in the single digits to below 0.
I got to my stand (I walked this time) at 7:30am 2 hours later then normal At 8:30 the snow was coming down so hard I could not even see my 10 yard mark. I had to close all the windows and watch thru the plexeglass windows then it stopped around 10 and It was COLD AS HECK but decided to stay till noon. The sky turned blue I opened the windows.
Now that buck I saw yesterday came around 10:30- 11:00 and at 10:39 he came back but did not want to come out into the open so I grunted and he turned and came close enough for me to see he was a 8 point so I grunted again and he walked in behind some ground cover so I took a high lung shot knowing with my .50 he would not go far. He went 10 yards and rolled.
I got fresh meat mmmmmmmm.
As I was field dressing him the same 2 4-wheelers came by and stopped (I know they herd my shot) And I yelled down "Yea thats right I got a huge buck and you got wet and cold have a great day" They yelled some stuff and took off.
I think that felt as good as shooting the buck did.
Here are some pictures.
View attachment 286224 View attachment 286225 View attachment 286226
Congratulations

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I will start with yesterday (Opening day) I got to my stand and got in (I blew out my knee a week or 2 ago so I had to use the 4-wheeler) And I had 2 young does start across and saw the 4-wheeler and booked so I was not in a good mood even though I would not have shot them (Too small) this told me the day was not going to be good.
As some of you already know I have problems with the hunting camp that leese the land below me well yester day 2 of them came by and stopped as I was trying to see what they wanted a deer came in from the new land next to me (I say new because I am in the middle of buying all 15 acres) The buck saw them and booked he was not close enough to see his size or how many points he was so anyway these jerks yelled "I hope you don't see anything" and shot off there guns which blew out my afternoon hunting.
Now onto today.
I woke up at 4:30 herd the wind and saw it was snowing so I turned off the 5am alarm but could not get back to sleep.
So I got up not expecting to go out due to the forecast of steady winds with gusts up to 30mph and heavy snow squaws.
Then the next thing I know I was getting dressed to go out. I told my wife that I was going anyway even if the temp was 12 degrees with wind chills in the single digits to below 0.
I got to my stand (I walked this time) at 7:30am 2 hours later then normal At 8:30 the snow was coming down so hard I could not even see my 10 yard mark. I had to close all the windows and watch thru the plexeglass windows then it stopped around 10 and It was COLD AS HECK but decided to stay till noon. The sky turned blue I opened the windows.
Now that buck I saw yesterday came around 10:30- 11:00 and at 10:39 he came back but did not want to come out into the open so I grunted and he turned and came close enough for me to see he was a 8 point so I grunted again and he walked in behind some ground cover so I took a high lung shot knowing with my .50 he would not go far. He went 10 yards and rolled.
I got fresh meat mmmmmmmm.
As I was field dressing him the same 2 4-wheelers came by and stopped (I know they herd my shot) And I yelled down "Yea thats right I got a huge buck and you got wet and cold have a great day" They yelled some stuff and took off.
I think that felt as good as shooting the buck did.
Here are some pictures.
View attachment 286224 View attachment 286225 View attachment 286226
Congratulations

1 - 2 of 2 Posts