The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,347 Posts
Nice bucks my and Mrs shawlerbrook. I heard the wind howling this morning called my hunting buddy and we both decided not to go out. I don't have a nice compy stand to sit in like you mike. Ladder stands at 30mph cold winds make me want to stay in bed. I know i'm a wass. :(

·
Premium Member
23,347 Posts
A 4x3, or 4 point.

I think you guys out East, just don't want to give the first liar a chance!:giggle:
Just think of it this way Trapps. You shoot a 4 point out west then you go back east to visit some family or friends now you can tell them you shot a 8 point. Just listen to all their OOHS and AHHS when you tell the story about the 8 point. You tell them it was a 4 pointer and most of them don't even bother to stop their card game.;)

·
Premium Member
23,347 Posts
A question for all the folks who "Harvested" their deer. How deep and when do plant a deer you intend to harvest during the season?
I can't wait for the answer, cause i messed up somehow on my planting depth. Nothing has sprouted yet not even a tweety bird! :(

·
Premium Member
23,347 Posts
I am going out this Saturday to see if I can score a doe. I am not allowed to go today and Friday I have to many customers coming in to get there guns so Sat. is the day.
Need more meat.
Good luck to you, Mike. I'll have 2 doe tags this year when i go down there. The guy i hunt with transferred his to me since he's decided not to go. And by the looks of things i'll still have my buck tag unless something breaks for me in the next couple of days. Lots of hope on that front.:( Hopefully i see something brown with 4 legs.

·
Premium Member
23,347 Posts
Not to far from me just WSW about 1.5 to 2 hours away you are just east from my daughter and granddaughter they are in Oneonta.
Hanging out in my hotel in Norwich right now, Mike. heading out in the morning for a hunt. Surprised to see no snow down here this year. Looks like i'm in for nasty weather on Wed. I'll try and hang in there for at least half a day. Or maybe i'll limit out tomorrow and won't half to sit through rain, snow and wind. :ROFLMAO: Yea right!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts