The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
They did do what I said they did.
You are new here (Fairly) so you have not read all the posts about these guys. I have had them busted for trespassing every year. Last year there was 3 tickets given to them. Calling the warden for words and shots while they are on there own property would be a PIA on the warden not them.
I have to be careful or I could end up getting my stand cut down.
Why are they like that? What is their problem with you?

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
An 8 point buck out here would be something to behold! You Easterners count the bumps too?:)
Out here, that would be a 3 point, regardless, nice buck Mike!
Always wondered how the point count difference started, and is there a East/West, or North/South boundary for that?
What do y'all call a 4X3? Down here it would be a 7 point.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
Just think of it this way Trapps. You shoot a 4 point out west then you go back east to visit some family or friends now you can tell them you shot a 8 point. Just listen to all their OOHS and AHHS when you tell the story about the 8 point. You tell them it was a 4 pointer and most of them don't even bother to stop their card game.;)
Brag about a 4 point down here and you'll get a sarcastic "well good for you" or the womenfolk will say "well bless your heart". :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
I was walking (tip toeing) down the farm road to get a closer shot
I never tiptoe. I take two or three steps and then stop for a minute. Kind of like a deer does when grazing. Take two or three steps etc. Deer will pick up on tiptoeing. Walking like I do most of the time they don't pay any attention at all. It may take me longer to get there but I've killed a lot of deer walking like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts