The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
20,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got me a new scope for my new CZ 457 for my birthday.
Camera accessory Audio equipment Auto part Technology Electronic device

Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP Rifle Scope
This is my 1st FFP scope. I will have it at the range hopefully tomorrow. I have it mounted on my CZ and bore-sighted in. It's going to be cold tomorrow but I will go anyway. It's 24x so it has the same power as my Crossfires but it is supposed to be a big step up from the Crossfire scope. Now maybe the CZ will shoot with my Ruger Precision Rimfire. So far it can't.

· Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Very Nice present and a great wife, I have several Vortex Crossfire scopes and I like them. I have a Diamondback that I bought on sale that I have yet to find a home for. It's always nice to have spare scopes, gives me a reason to buy a new gun 😊

· Registered
4,526 Posts
Will this new rifle scope parallax adjust too 25 yards ?

I know you already have your new rifle scope, but as a FYI, Luepold has for decades offered rimfire rifle scopes of high magnification.

Also. Look at,
rimfirecenteral.com
rimfirebenchrestforum.com
as a alternate firearms forum regarding precision rimfire. There are several more forums regarding precision rimfire.

Whatever you learn from any of these forums, kindly post what you learned back here for other TFF members.

· Registered
2,809 Posts
Your wife has great taste! The Diamondback series are really clear and hopeful will Track just like all other Vortex scopes.
6X24 FFP on a 22 Rimfire should be interesting. Which Reticle did you get? Let us know what you think of it.

If you're thinking about using Vortex rings, you might want to take a look at the Steiner H-Series as well.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

· Premium Member
20,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used the Leupold Rifleman Medium scope rings. 30mm. They hold the scope nice and low on the barrel.
Bumper Automotive tire Wood Automotive wheel system Engineering

They aren't as low as our scope on my wife's Savage but this should do fine.

I was worried about using an FFP scope for precision shooting but I really like it now.

Eye Slope Triangle Parallel Circle

MOA reticle. Not iluminated.

· Registered
1,433 Posts
Very nice scope gvw3!
When I use my FFP scope on my CZ, I really don't notice the difference between it and a SFP. :oops:
I'm interested in hearing about your experience and impressions.

It should, but maybe your Ruger is a ringer!
Now maybe the CZ will shoot with my Ruger Precision Rimfire. So far it can't.

· Registered
2,809 Posts
Very nice scope gvw3!
When I use my FFP scope on my CZ, I really don't notice the difference between it and a SFP. :oops:
I'm interested in hearing about your experience and impressions.
It should, but maybe your Ruger is a ringer!
Are you saying that you did not notice the crosshairs growing larger and shrinking as you zoomed in and out? What scope is it?

· TFF Chaplain
22,884 Posts
Congratulations. Great gift. And Happy Birthday again.

Yes, we'll watch for the range report.

Reactions: Gudaki

· Premium Member
20,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had to go to my club today to pay my dues for the year. No the kind Of day I would go to the range. 22° with a 15 mph wind but nevertheless I brought my CZ 457 to sight in the scope. This rifle scope combo is a winner.
Triangle Rectangle Font Slope Creative arts

After a quick sight in I got this group. My son shot a group and it was the best one I have seen him do. Almost as good as this one. He wants to get a CZ now. I think when I have more time and it's a little warmer it will outshoot my RPRF.

· Registered
2,809 Posts
I had to go to my club today to pay my dues for the year. No the kind Of day I would go to the range. 22° with a 15 mph wind but nevertheless I brought my CZ 457 to sight in the scope. This rifle scope combo is a winner.
View attachment 290006
After a quick sight in I got this group. My son shot a group and it was the best one I have seen him do. Almost as good as this one. He wants to get a CZ now. I think when I have more time and it's a little warmer it will outshoot my RPRF.
Nice shootin' Val. So what do you think of the FFP as you go through the low to high magnification range? Is a Diamondback 6-24 or 8-24?

· Registered
1,433 Posts
Are you saying that you did not notice the crosshairs growing larger and shrinking as you zoomed in and out? What scope is it?
Yes, that's what I mean, but I don't frequently zoom in and out, so that may be why I haven't noticed the difference. It's a SwampFox 6-24x50 Patriot.

· Premium Member
20,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice shootin' Val. So what do you think of the FFP as you go through the low to high magnification range? Is a Diamondback 6-24 or 8-24?
It's a 6x24. I like the FFP as I crank it all the way up to 24. My eyes are so bad I can't see the SFP well at 100 yards. I can with this scope.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts