The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i added a limb saver and a shot shell holder.

the shot shell holder was the last one at the gun shop.

Attachments

·
Banned
701 Posts
I like it, but whats wrong with that thing? I have never seen a stock and metal finish on one that nice. You take it out much?

Just razzin ya, but my single shots are all chewed up from years of abuse, er I mean normal hunting hiking camping duty.....

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought it in june 2012 but i mainly been using my rifles for shooting so i dont really use it. only about 25-30 times. when it comes back to its home it gets wood oil for the furniture and 3 in 1 for the steel for about 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Very nice runner, makes a classic set up. I like it. Have you shot it with the Limb Saver on it. Interested in how you liked the Limb Saver and what effect is had on felt recoil.

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
I use one of those shell holders on my 870 super. in case I am hunting ducks and some honkers come by I can do a quick reload with big shot

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the limbsaver is like a dull tap hardly any feel even with buckshot. i like single shots because thats all they had im sure in the 1800's and because i like reading about those days of gunfighting back then. i been using pump shotguns my whole life but never had one registered in my name. next one is the tactical remington i been ranting and raving on over here for the month or so and then will be my colt ar15 which will probaly turn into a 10. if i could only find out if they make 100 round clips for a 10. let me know if they do.

i gotta make a truck payment and get a check for some dozer work i did for a snob the other day and i will start buying :D

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
You had me worried for a minute. When you said you spent money on your gun I had nightmarish visions of a tacticool monstrosity but you did good.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I grew up shooting a single barreled 12ga. Try shooting ducks, and squirrels with one, you learn to reload really fast!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice setup, Back in the early 80`s I had a H&R single 10 gauge and a single winchester 16 gauge and loved em both. The 10 was a 36 inch barrel. I fired a cut 3 1/2 inch magnum once when I didn`t have a slug,Kicked like a mule.
Tried a cut shell in a 12 ga after that but it stopped halfway down the barrel, the front of the shell opened up and the shot kept going but left the outer part of the plastic shell in the middle of the barrel, never fired a cut shell again after that and always tried to tell others how un safe it is.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks folks, i decided not to make it a sawed off shotgun but im thinking about shortnening the barrel and remounting the bead sight. hey gerard, i bet that 10 gauge did kick like a mule you should have sawed the barrel off the thing to about 16 inches

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
the limbsaver is like a dull tap hardly any feel even with buckshot. i like single shots because thats all they had im sure in the 1800's and because i like reading about those days of gunfighting back then. i been using pump shotguns my whole life but never had one registered in my name. next one is the tactical remington i been ranting and raving on over here for the month or so and then will be my colt ar15 which will probaly turn into a 10. if i could only find out if they make 100 round clips for a 10. let me know if they do.

i gotta make a truck payment and get a check for some dozer work i did for a snob the other day and i will start buying :D
They dont make 100 round clips for anything. The biggest clips I can think of are 15 rounders for loading M1 Carbine Magazines. The AR 10 uses 5, 10 and 20 round magazines designed for the 7.62X51 cartridge. I am unaware of drum magazines for the AR 10 with 100 round capacity. for one they would be huge, and with a full payload they would weigh 10 or 15 pounds. And not to mention outrageously expensive. The 100 round BETA mags for the Ar15 are like 200 bucks a pop..

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Those limbsavers look like teats on a boar but they work!

·
Registered
259 Posts
The fit and finish on that H&R is beautiful especially with the receiver and the stock; the receiver looks parkerized, or is that just the picture?

Anyway, Limbsavers are the sweetest honey I've tasted when it comes to recoil reduction, I had one on my coach gun, and there was very little felt recoil.

:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts