The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't like it at all tight tight tight i would be dead before i got gun out would like to try a serpa but can't find one for walther p22

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
11-19-2010, 12:23 AM#2

JollyLBK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Walther P22 as well and I absolutely love the pistol. Ive put about 1k rounds thru mine and it has only failed to eject twice, and it eats anything I feed it. However I don't particularly recommend it as a carry pistol but it's a hell of alot better than carrying nothing. I did notice something random tho.. While out plinkin' in the desert I slipped the pistol into my holster on my waist which is a Blackhawk Serpa (Level 2) for the Glock 19/23 etc.. it fit just fine and clicked right

All > Sports & Recreation

fancy-lawyer: 11 months ago

do they make a serpa holster for the walther p22

Answer This Question

Report as

Ads related to

Serpa Holster | OpticsPlanet.com

www.opticsplanet.com/BlackhawkSerpa

SERPA Level 1-3 Holsters up to 40% Off with Free Shipping and Handling

opticsplanet.com is rated (2,788 reviews)

Tactical Vest

Holsters

BlackHawk! Products On Sale

Boots

$41+ Blackhawk Serpas - All Types, Models & Sizes On Sale.

www.cheaperthandirt.net/CQC-Holsters

Largest Affordable Selection Online

Top Walther P22 Holsters | Walther-P22-Holsters.best-deal.com

walther-p22-holsters.best-deal.com/

Get discount Walther P22 Holsters. BEST-DEAL.com - the shop expert!

Compare Prices

Free Shipping Offers

Great Savings

Limited Deals

More Answers

Purplerat: 11 months ago

No, there is currently no Serpa Holster for the Walther P22. There is a Fobus Holster available for this gun, available at http://www.fobusholster.com/products/WALTHER_P22_PADDLE_HOLSTER-537-0.html.

·
Super Moderator
47,183 Posts
Beth, If you loosen that screw on the front of the Fobus just a tiny bit, it will loosen up the retention of the pistol a little bit. Do a tiny bit at a time until you get the retention that you want, you definitely don't want the pistol falling out of the holster when you turn it upside down.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I've got a Fobus for my Hi-power and don't really care for the (lack of) quality overall. Not terrible, but not great. Mine does not adjust either.

·
Registered
18,143 Posts
That's what I was thinking - what screw? I've got three Fobus holsters - 2 for a J-frame Smith and one for a 1911. All three of 'em, the gun is held in by the trigger guard. The natural "springiness" of the kydex allows it to spring apart for the guard to go in, and then snap closed behind it. To draw you just pull it through the springiness of the holster, again.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Both of the Fobus Paddle holsters I have do have a screw to adjust the retension. Like George said a wee bit of adjustment goes a long way.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think the Fobus with the screw must be a newer model. I have two like Alpo's. The trick is, the pistol must be pulled (jerked really) in a direct line from the holster. If the line of pull is off, it becomes difficult.

·
Registered
18,143 Posts
According to Fobus' website (which is where I got that picture), that is the only holster they make for the P22. Well, they make both a paddle and a belt, but it's the same holster, just a different "wearing" style.

As for the "pull straight up" thing - they advertise that as a good feature. Makes it hard for someone to snatch your gun. To draw it correctly, you must be in the correct position relative to the gun. Someone walking up behind you and trying to pull it - it fights him.

I know that, when wearing a full-size 1911 in the 1911 holster, it cannot be snatched from behind. My Kimber Pro, however (which has a 4" instead of the full-size's 5" barrel), comes right out.

·
Super Moderator
47,183 Posts
All three of mine have the adjustment screw, here is the "shorty" one for the 1911. The camera focus is not great but you can clearly see the screw on the bottom. I just assumed all of the fobus holsters were adjustable for tension.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
hair dryer or heat gun can soften the stuff up (same way they make them) enough to re--mold it so to speak. Like said, go slow and careful or you'll melt the thing. You just want to get it warm enough to 'stretch' it out a bit.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I would also advocate against any oil/spray on the holster. Kydex won't wear out the finish on your gun but it will attract plenty of dirt that will. And it's not going to make much difference if your holster is that tight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.