Got my "any deer permit"!! Yipeee!

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

cal414
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/13/02 6:57:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Got my "any deer permit"!! Yipeee!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The drawing was yesterday and i got one. So did my dad! They issued 1,600 permits in my zone (Zone #13.)
    Our numbers are 52 & 53. Its going to be a good season! I'm so psyched!
    I leave for Maine on the 8th of NOV and come back to VA on the 17th. I'll try to post pics of what we harvest.
    I'm using my Ruger M77 30-06 (150 gr loads) for the fields and my Colt Anaconda for the treestand. He's got a Win M70 7mm Rem mag.
    Here is the link:
    www.state.me.us/ifw/hunttrap/adlottery2002.htm
    Here is my hardware:

bullelk
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/13/02 7:18:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Got my "any deer permit"!! Yipeee!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cal414,

Congratulations, I guess you got a pretty good area up there in 13. What town will you be hunting near. I live down in the Southern part near Sanford.

I'll be hunting up in the North Woods, just above Dickey that week. Who knows, we might be able to have a cup of coffee somewhere.

BTW, that's some nice looking hardware you got there.

cal414
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/14/02 9:23:15 am)
    I'll be hunting in Somerset county. Mostly in a little town called Embden. The nearest "big city" is Skowhegan.
    Hope we get some snow before the 8th.

A cup O' joe sounds good. My email is cal414@lycos.com if you'd like to get in touch. I'll buy [ ]

Edited by: cal414 at: 9/14/02 2:56:49 pm

bullelk
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/14/02 3:27:04 pm)

I wouldn't count on any snow that early in the season. We haven't had snow during the hunting season that amounted to anything in many years. I'm talking from mid-Maine and south.

That's a good area there, you shouldn't have any problem scoring.

I have a gun dealer friend who lives in Solon, his name is Don DiPietro. You should look him up while you're there, tell him that Gino told you to call.

We'll get in touch before you leave.

cal414
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/15/02 7:40:00 pm)
    Bullelk,
    I'm very familiar with Solon. Its about 15 mins from where I grew up. I moved away when I was 17 (28 now) so I probably don't know your friend. If you live in that area give me a shout (cal414@lycos.com) and we can make some plans to chat a bit. Always nice to meet someone with the same interests. I'll be in Maine 8NOV - 17NOV, then its back to Virginia. Take care,
    Ryan