The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your neighbors must love you and God bless your wife !!!
Nah, they hate me. We have one that enjoys calling the cops and reporting gunfire in the neighborhood.

Reactions: 45nut

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Nah, they hate me. We have one that enjoys calling the cops and reporting gunfire in the neighborhood.
I uhm believe ^^THAT post was talking about me! :clap:

The last time I was in the bedroom and my wife called out from the hall asking if I was okay hoping I hadn't accidentally shot myself. I'm okay, but the mattress has a hole in it, and a chunk out of the slab too and a hole in a suitcase. 357 Magnum will do that.

Reactions: howlnmad

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
There are three types of shooters when it comes to ADs...those who freely admit they’ve had them, those who lie and claim they haven’t had one even though they have, and those that truly have not had theirs YET probably because they don’t shoot anywhere near as much as they claim...😎

If you REALLY shoot a lot, especially many different types of guns of various age and condition, you WILL have an AD. Which is why the FIRST rule of gun handling is never point it at something you can’t afford to shoot!

Heck, if you REALLY want to be competitive in IPSC or IDP you are taking up the slack in the trigger as the gun is coming up from the holster and breaks as the front sight touches the target AND you are squeezing between targets. EVERY shot is really (should be!) technically an AD, ESPECIALLY when you are practicing...

So remember, there are shooters that have had ADs, and shooters that WILL have one someday. The only people that will NEVER have an AD are Those that are not shooters...

·
Registered
252 Posts
If anyone ever figures out how to get those old cheap Jennings to feed properly, please post it. I really don't think there is a way after reading all I could find on line years ago.

Pretty honest bunch here all fessing up. My favorite was in VN. Fiddling with the M60 while on guard duty with some friends and some Jack Daniels, I fired a burst. Sure enough the field phone rings. Ahh, saw some movement out on the tree line, sir. So out comes the officer of the day, who luckily was also my mortar officer. He climbs up the ladder and takes one whiff and knows somethings up. So he asks me to fire a hand flare out towards the tree line. Yes sir, and I pop one about 20 yards away into the ground. o_O OK, he says, someone else fire one. After staring at the tree line for a bit, he finally says, listen, I'm going home in the morning, please cool it for a while, OK?. Yes, Sir.

Reactions: howlnmad and joe45c
21 - 25 of 25 Posts