Government Motors Inc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XShooter, Apr 1, 2009.

1. XShooter

XShooter New Member

Just curious: Anyone thinking about boycotting Government (General) Motors? I found out that this morning that my tax dollars are now being slated to help people make car payments who over extend their crediit and may not want to work?

After getting this Federal (your) money, Government Motors is now offering to make car payments for 9 months if you "lose" your job! Sheeesh man, when I was growing up - if your job was shakey, you didn't run out and buy a $30,000 car. What is this country coming to?

"Obama asserts gov't control over the auto industry"

Why are we "tolerating" this nonsense?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. CATM69

CATM69 New Member

Let's just hope we dont see gov't firearms inc. or smith wesson and obama

3. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Two new guys in the same thread, welcome aboard

4. XShooter

XShooter New Member

Thanks for the "welcome." Wish we were meeting under better circumstances. *smiles*

5. rockntractor

rockntractor Former Guest

let's just refer to gm as the new yugo corp from now on.

6. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Perhaps they would look something like this....? :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Will this make my preobamma Chevy a collectors item like pre-64 winchesters?
    Cool, I've got a precluster%^@ Chevy!!

8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I've been boycotting Chevy since the first two pieces of oil-leaking crap I drove 9 years ago. For the life of me, I can't understand how a company can work on engine development for the 350-based V8 motor since the 1950s and still not be able to formulate a gasket/fastener/torque combination so that the dang thing doesn't leak oil or coolant from the lower intake manifold... :rolleyes:

I'm a Ford nut, and some would claim that's not much better. I've had good luck with all the Fords. :)

9. Marlin T

It is my prediction that the sales and overall performance of GM will go straight down hill. Right along with it's stocks.

There will be no more worries about leaks casue there will be no products to leak anymore.

10. stetson

stetson New Member

My father was a banker most of his life lending money to poeple.There were very few nights we got through supper without the phone ringing with people in desperate shape
    looking for help.He was old school,he bent the rules so hard they almost broke but buy doing so he saved many families their homes,cars or what ever they were doing.When
    he retired when he went out after my mother died, he didn't buy many drinks for a long time.This is what America's business is about taking care of your neighbors in the community we live in.

11. stetson

stetson New Member

To all you NASCAR fans our President has dictated to General Motors and Dodge must
    drop out if they continue to accept tax money. Ford seems to be the lone American product to do battle with the rest of the others.All of us remember the saying as general motors goes so goes the United States. Goverment gets involved running private business,theywill screw it up as they don't know how to bring anything in on budget !

12. Marlin T

Not true, at least not yet.

I wouldn't be suprised if Obomba would mandate electric cars, and green trophies for NASCAR.

13. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

They'll get you in for a recall and mess your Chevy up GOOOOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

mike
    gn

14. artabr

artabr New Member

You had a good Pop.
    You don't see that much anymore. I put the blame for that on the public more than the bankers.
    In the small banks you still see that kind of service. They are the folks that I do business with.

Art

15. wookie810

wookie810 New Member

I don't think that GM should pay for your car, but it is important to save the auto industry. If not all you guys from other states are going to be running into more Michiganders because if the auto industry tanks I'm moving out of this hellhole and into someone else's state. And I really don't feel like buying some Japanese piece of sh** car either. If more people would've bought American products we wouldn't be in this predicament.