The Firearms Forum banner

Great Great Grandfather’s Guns

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Connor Cole 
#1 ·
My Grandfather has severe Alzheimer’s. He has 5 guns he was given from his grandfather. My grandma decided it was time for me to get the guns and carry them on for the future.

I tried talking to him and asking about the guns, he kind of sparked up but was still unable to remember anything other then his grandpa gave them to him and he wanted me to have them.

I want to know as much as possible about these guns so I can tell him about them and also restore them.

I will post pictures of the guns and say what I believe they are and include any information I have on them. ANYTHING HELPS but I would like to know Model, year, and value.

1. Is a bolt action rifle, internal magazine, serial number J4877. It has no manufacturing co name or any other identification. It has a gold insert on the left side of the stock, but nothing written on it. I think the stock may have been refurbished at some point. Pictures (1-6).

I will post the others under this thread after I do more research on them.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
There is a symbol on the barrel, it looks like an incomplete R. Other than that I can’t find any other identification.

Also sorry for my girlfriends bright pink chair haha.

Attachments

#12 ·
I'm thinking it was originally a carbine. That thingy in the side of the stock is where the original rear sling mount was.

It's drilled and tapped for scope mounts, and the right rear of the receiver appears drilled and tapped for a peep sight.

Nice looking job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.