Green lasers

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Islandboy, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Anyone put a green laser on anything yet?
    I like 'em better than red, daytime vis and all.
    Really like super bright at night, for blinding perp effect.
    Any thoughts?
    I thought I'd try one on Ruger 10/22 for quick target acq. at 50 then 100 yds. One I got has sighting adjustments.:cool:

2. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I have used one, but there is alot of foliage around here and wouldn't do anygood. But in an urban enviroment it was great

3. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I have one on my AR. Even with my bad eyes, I can easily see it at 50 yards except in very bright sunlight. On overcast days or when the sun is not high overhead, even further.
    The one I have is mounted just forward of the front sling swivel. You can either twist the back cap all the way in to keep it on, or you can push the button in on the back and it stays on 'till you let off. Also, you can attach a cord to the back that has a pressure switch that can be stuck somewhere of your choosing on the gun. I mounted mine just forward of the swivel, (underneath the barrel) so all I have to do is nudge forward the front swivel with the knuckle of my forward hand index finger into the back button of the laser. That way, I don't have to have a cord hanging off the rifle, and it's only on when I choose. Works great.

4. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I have a green laser pointer, but none to mount on anything. It's pretty fun to mess around with and is so powerful that at night I can point it up in the sky and see the beam go on to infinity. That's actually where I first saw them. I went to a star party and the astronomers would use them to point things out in the sky. I can stand on my deck and shine it on the mountain three miles away.

5. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Think I got the same one Hkruss, I'll play with it.meanwhile if it is the same as mine, unscrew the cap at the lens end, you should have screws to zero it in.