The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say "hello, top of the day and good morning" to everyone. I joined your site yesterday afternoon.

I've been a shooter, hunter since the beginning of time; which, now would be 68 years. Yep, I received my first .22 for Christmas at age 7. My grand parents, they raised me. how that came about is a whopper of a story.

I've been reloading my own ammunition since 1980. I listened to great advice from shooters at the range and my first and only loader is a Dillion Precision RL550B purchased in 1980. This loader is as solid today, after thousands of rounds as it was the day it came new out of the box. I load .38, .357, 9MM, .41 mag, 6.5x55 Swedish, .223, 6.8 SPC, .308, 7.62x51 and .300 win mag. Like many that shoot I wound up with too many calibers. I also shoot .22 LR and .22 mag, but I don't even try to load them.

Being old I'm happy to still be vertical and happy to be on your forum so I can learn even more. I try to learn something new each and everyday. //old timer KenB

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Just wanted to say "hello, top of the day and good morning" to everyone. I joined your site yesterday afternoon.

I've been a shooter, hunter since the beginning of time; which, now would be 68 years. Yep, I received my first .22 for Christmas at age 7. My grand parents, they raised me. how that came about is a whopper of a story.

I've been reloading my own ammunition since 1980. I listened to great advice from shooters at the range and my first and only loader is a Dillion Precision RL550B purchased in 1980. This loader is as solid today, after thousands of rounds as it was the day it came new out of the box. I load .38, .357, 9MM, .41 mag, 6.5x55 Swedish, .223, 6.8 SPC, .308, 7.62x51 and .300 win mag. Like many that shoot I wound up with too many calibers. I also shoot .22 LR and .22 mag, but I don't even try to load them.
Ro
Being old I'm happy to still be vertical and happy to be on your forum so I can learn even more. I try to learn something new each and everyday. //old timer KenB
Hello old timer KenB and welcome to TFF from San Antonio, Texas. That's quite an intro and quite a long history of reloading. Good for you and may I encourage you to continue the journey. I do not have too many calibers but enough that I am drifting towards 3 and 1 shotgun; 6.5mm Grendel, 222 Remington, 20 Gauge Browning 725 Sporting and 22 caliber (The King of the Calibers) as was Roy Rogers the King of the Cowboys.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,863 Posts
Welcome to TFF from the UK!!

upload_2020-9-30_17-4-42.jpeg

·
TFF Chaplain
18,863 Posts
Ainto

Ah! BlackEagle, always ready to give us glimpses into his romantic week-end locations.
A mere 4 hour drive from home. Well known tourist spot with some history behind it, some bits better known that others.

I might see Nessie on the way!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma Ken , glad to hear from you . I to load for to many calibers and I agree that I will just keep buying my .22 long rifle ammo . Not sure if it would be any cheaper or not but the thought of trying to hold those dang small shells is for the birds ! I gripe sometimes when I reload 9mm !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.