The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nor Cal, where we still love outdoor sports and don't lean way to left in all things we do. I got my first Winchester 9422 when I was 13 and living in San Jose with my family that was some what shocked that I not only was interested in guns but actually bought one. Then I started spending a lot of time in Trinity County on a ranch a family friend had and feel in love with the rugged outdoors and guns. That was 50 years ago and my love of guns has always been Old Winchesters, preferably with octagon barrels. I have been able to collect several over the years and still love them. I'm a country dweller now and can shoot all I want on the property I own and nobody around seems to give a hoot that I like to shoot. it nice to see a community of other gun lovers, and I'm new to the world of forums and chats but look forward to getting engaged with some of the other members and talking about vintage guns.

·
Registered
11,497 Posts
View attachment 179474

Tom, welcome to TFF from Colorado.

I've got an old Winchester but it doesn't have an octagon barrel. Can I still play? :)
I have a more than a few rifles with octagon barrels but, alas, none of them are Winchesters. :(

·
Registered
11,497 Posts
I bet if Winchester ever made a front stuffer you'd have one. :D
I'd "settle" for an 1885 High Wall in lieu of a front stuffer. :) It would make a good complement to my Sharps. ;) Of course it would have to be chambered for an old black powder cartridge, I can't get too modernized ya know, besides smokeless rounds don't get the "Get that stinky thing out of my kitchen:yikes: to clean it!" reaction from Kathy, she just doesn't understand the whole aroma therapy aspect of it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania!
Nature Natural landscape Mountainous landforms Mountain Hill station

·
TFF Chaplain
21,614 Posts
Welcome from the UK

We do like to talk guns here and we have some people here with lots of experience.

Cannon Vehicle

·
Premium Member
34,531 Posts
Natural landscape Nature Tree Natural environment Road

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.