The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I am not sure exactly how “your friend“ should proceed but he should take steps immediately to legally address this issue. It’s 10 years in club fed to be in possession of a full auto firearms without the federal stamp!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok gents, the father is recently deceased and my friend, his son, is a trustee of his father's gun trust and has already reached out through his lawyer to local law enforcement. I'm simply looking for more information about the one thing from the safe that myself and everyone I know, is completely unfamiliar with. Again thank you for you time.

·
Premium Member
9,778 Posts
OK then to answer your question that gun needs to be turned over to LEO YESTERDAY........
THEN you can look up and ask questions about what it is worth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, this was all handled weeks ago apparently by the family lawyer. The father's death was not unexpected. I was simply sent a group of photos and asked if I could learn anything. Soooo... Date of Mfgr? Conversion? Approx value? The estate is being auctioned off in about a month and the family wants some more information. Again thank you all for your time, I do appreciate the concern.

·
Registered
18,594 Posts
If there is a gun trust, is it a NFA trust? if yes.. is it possible this firearm is already on a form 4 and registered to the trust? If yes.. it may well be legal. If it is legal.. it might be form 5 transferable.

But.. I'd for sure call the atf.. not the local leo.... they know didly and squat....

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,505 Posts
I found a bit of information here - Group Industries - but not a lot of information about value. According to the article, they were American made, full auto Uzis, made in the early '80s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts