The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited by Moderator)
Where you moving to? I have moved so many tims, I have lost count. The last two times were on me where all the ones before, the Army moved me. The next time I move, it will be with me laying in a box!
Headed to Page AZ. Between the big reservoir and the big reservation. Middle of Canyon country.

To me it looks like you could be burglarizing a home.:lol:
They wouldda been a lot quicker.

That looks like a boat dock but I know that's not a boat at the end. That looks like a lot of work
Ramp worked out pretty well on the front porch, still a lot of work.

Hey! is that stuff for sale? I see somethin in there I want.
"the pink tote" cant find those around anywhere :)
If it survived the big cargo shift today I'll give you a deal on it. Unless the wife needs it to store the stuff we're moving in it.At our first stop I Pryed the door up just enough to see a pile of dog food and potting soil spilling out & said, "this can't be good."

·
Registered
267 Posts
Headed to Page AZ. Between the big reservoir and the big reservation. Middle of Canyon country.
Congrats.
American SW is beautiful territory...watch any western made over the last 100 years.
Its also rattler/scorpion/coral snake/Gilla Monster territory, so you might wanna Stock up on .22 shotshells.
Good luck. Hopefully this'll be the last move for you. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
25,664 Posts
Congrats.
American SW is beautiful territory...watch any western made over the last 100 years.
Its also rattler/scorpion/coral snake/Gilla Monster territory, so you might wanna Stock up on .22 shotshells.
Good luck. Hopefully this'll be the last move for you. :thumbsup:
They moved all the way from Tucson.

·
TFFWPP President
13,476 Posts
Nov 2001 my family and the inlaws moved from NE Illinois to SE SD. A 26' U-haul, tow dolly and 2 cars all loaded to the rafters. About 600 miles

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Made surprisingly good time through Phoenix, and the big U-haul with the Ford V-10 did OK on the I-17 uphill run.
run up sunrise point was good huh, awesome. I haven't been to Page since the late 70's

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Nov 2001 my family and the inlaws moved from NE Illinois to SE SD. A 26' U-haul, tow dolly and 2 cars all loaded to the rafters. About 600 miles
They sound like a sight to see.

Reactions: ysacres and jbmid1

·
Registered
267 Posts
They moved all the way from Tucson.
That would be, more or less, like me moving to Spokane.
I last moved about 12 years ago. Only about 20 miles, but it was no less painful.
A move's a move. I feel for ya jbmid1.
Glad he made the trip ok.

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
Hey! is that stuff for sale? I see somethin in there I want.
"the pink tote" cant find those around anywhere :)
And here i was looking to see if i could find any nice guns, and larry is checking out the pink tote.:rolleyes:

jb did you have any problems selling your home? Or finding a new place to live?

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
jb did you have any problems selling your home? Or finding a new place to live?
We were renting, lease was up. Still looking for a place here, in a motel for now.

Reactions: joe45c

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
25,873 Posts
Early in my adult life, world moves in a white, canvas, Navy seabag....Married life moves
began after an overseas, accompanied tour of duty, and kept amounts to move in
gargantuan quantities. The last move from a long term residence in California to
this present Phoenix ...a piano, a statuesque grandfathers 6 foot tall clock, and
numerous other.....oh, I forgot the slate-top pool table...that big Mayflower moving
van was full to the max...it was a hefty charge ...had we not had that garage sale
before the move, it would have required another moving van... Chief

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
We were renting, lease was up. Still looking for a place here, in a motel for now.
Good luck to you hope you find a nice place. Even though i never made it to page in all my time in AZ i'm sure you will like it better than Tuscon.

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
25,873 Posts
My Mormon wife has so many lady friends from Page..They always speak fondly of the area
and invites are always extended to come visit them..I recall most of them are school
teachers and health care professionals...They always show photos of their little Indian
students...Good Luck with your resettlement activities..Chief

21 - 40 of 59 Posts