Gun Bill H.R. 124

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

RugerNiner
    (1/29/03 8:48:05 pm)
    Reply Gun Bill H.R. 124
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd6.htm

This is what I wrote to Rep. Ander Crenshaw.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Bill H.R. 124 comes up please vote against it.
    I can assure you it will make criminals out of honest men.
    I have talked to many people about this bill and not one of them has said they will comply with it if passed.
    I understand the need for Homeland Security, but our rights are slowly being eroded. The Constitution, as it was written, no longer exsists.
    It's time that we refurbish the Constitution the way it was written.

On a seperate note:
    As you probably know by now that wearing anything with the Confederate flag on it is banned in some schools here in Florida. That is a direct hit to the First Amendment.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/30/03 9:58:13 pm)
    Reply Re: Gun Bill H.R. 124
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I sent a message to Mr. Bill Shuster and told him what I thought.

No Confederate Flag? I didn't know about that. Ticks me off, but doesn't suprise me.
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

MTaylor
    (1/31/03 7:23:04 am)
    Reply Re: Gun Bill H.R. 124
    No, I'd have to disagree. It's not a hit to the Constitution. Your talking about children in school wearing a flag that to some student still represent a government that repressed women and blacks, and a few others. Some ethnic groups still preach that to thier kids. And they defend that as strongly as you and I defend our families.

That rule is for the protection of our children that are in someone else's care while at school. Would you expect anything less?

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights fully apply to adult citizens, but not equally to minors.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/31/03 8:53:38 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: Gun Bill H.R. 124

Quote:
    The Constitution and the Bill of Rights fully apply to adult citizens, but not equally to minors.

That may technically be true. But it ought to at least be the parents' decisions. So what if it offends a few weak-kneed minorities? Our rights are being constantly stripped by people who are afraid of being offended. I'm so sick and tired of "political correctness" and trying to make everybody happy. I don't see anywhere in the Constitution that says you have the right not to be offended.

I think it's downright outrageous that a kid can wear a t-shirt that represents black "gangsta" culture, while another kid is not allowed to wear a t-shirt that represents his white culture.

It's all part of the liberal political indoctrination program in public education. Weed out the groups who are historically strong, and support the groups that are historically weak. Make white males feel guilty for being white and male, while making minorities and women feel that they are owed something.

Sheesh, I'd better quit before I get on a tirade.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.