The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question.

I haven’t used gun grease since I had my last Garand 30 years ago, but I know they like light grease in some areas but very little if any oil anywhere. Generally the only oil I used around my Garand was a little on the rag to wipe them down once in a while.

I remember having outers grease in a tube I used years ago but have no idea what I did with it, now that I have Garand #2...

I have a tube of white lithium grease, will it work the same if I brush it on very lightly in the usual spots?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Brownells and numrich and Springfield sporters still stock carry and sell them by the case (case count is 144 pieces) still pretty cheap and still a decent deal IMHO...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Stupid question.

I haven’t used gun grease since I had my last Garand 30 years ago, but I know they like light grease in some areas but very little if any oil anywhere. Generally the only oil I used around my Garand was a little on the rag to wipe them down once in a while.

I remember having outers grease in a tube I used years ago but have no idea what I did with it, now that I have Garand #2...

I have a tube of white lithium grease, will it work the same if I brush it on very lightly in the usual spots?
You might try "Lubriplate." That's what we used at the rifle range in the military. Walmart, O'Reilly's Auto Parts, and Amazon carry it.

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Never owned a Garand but this grease may do the trick. It came out of the shotgun world but works great on everything I’ve used it on.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lubriplate is real good to use. I usually use "Grease, Automotive and Artillery" also known as Molybdenum Disulfide. Black grease but extremely slippery

1 - 6 of 6 Posts