Gun Nut Shoots Bear and Goes To Jail

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by Snakedriver, May 8, 2009.

1. Snakedriver

Snakedriver Active Member

SORRY, I PUT THIS IN THE WRONG LOCATION AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELETE IT OR MOVE IT! I RE-DID THE STORY IN THE FIREARMS FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/may/07/san-carlos-park-man-arrested-charge-killing-black-/

Here's a great story about a gun owner using his gun responsibly. Last night a lady I work with who lives only a mile or two from here looks out the window into her back yard and sees a small black bear wandering through looking for something to eat. It was estimated to only weigh about 80 lbs. so it was obviously a young cub that had just left its mother. As my friend was watching the bear some clown walks out with a .44 mag. and shoots the little bear in the head at about a 5' distance. The bear had harmed no one and clearly was just trying to find something to eat.

Now the clown that shot the little bear has been arrested for shooting an endangered species and I hope they fry the guy. People like that give reponsible gun owners a bad name. It breaks my heart to see one of Mother Nature's precious creatures destroyed by some fool.

As we encroach on the bear's natural habitat more and more these types of encounters have become ever more common around here, but there's never been a case where anyone has ever been attacked by these creatures. I just wish there was some way to protect them from idiots.:(

Last edited: May 8, 2009