Gun Nut Shoots Bear and Goes To Jail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snakedriver, May 8, 2009.

1. Snakedriver

Snakedriver Active Member

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/may/07/san-carlos-park-man-arrested-charge-killing-black-/

Here's a great story about a gun owner using his gun responsibly. Last night a lady I work with who lives only a mile or two from here looks out the window into her back yard and sees a small black bear wandering through looking for something to eat. It was estimated to only weigh about 80 lbs. so it was obviously a young cub that had just left its mother. As my friend was watching the bear some clown walks out with a .44 mag. and shoots the little bear in the head at about a 5' distance. The bear had harmed no one and clearly was just trying to find something to eat.

Now the clown that shot the little bear has been arrested for shooting an endangered species and I hope they fry the guy. People like that give reponsible gun owners a bad name. It breaks my heart to see one of Mother Nature's precious creatures destroyed by some fool.

As we encroach on the bear's natural habitat more and more these types of encounters have become ever more common around here, but there's never been a case where anyone has ever been attacked by these creatures. I just wish there was some way to protect them from idiots.:(

2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I'm sure he thought it was an excuse to "legally" hunt the bear, and an excuse to finally use his gun. I agree that it gives gun owners a bad name.

3. ARB

ARB New Member

He obviously didn't think it was a threat or he wouldn't walk right up to it.:mad:

4. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

I read the title to this one wrong! I thought it said "Glock Nut" shoots bear and goes to jail! That had me going! Personally, I don't think this guy should go to jail! I think he should have to pay a very large fine, and so many hours of community service that his friends, and family will began to believe that he actually works for the City!!! Why should you and I have to pay to feed, and take care of, this nut and his family?

5. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

[
    I SECOND THAT MOTION!

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  6. ARB

ARB New Member

Carver makes a valid point. I think we're paying the way for enough stupid people already.

7. artabr

artabr New Member

Carver's got my vote for judge!! ;)

Art.

8. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Why is he a gun nut? Could he be just a nut? You would think at least on this forum we could articulate things more clearly.

Why not name the thread "Moron Shoots Bear Cub"?

Did you read the comments? I liked this one:

Black Bear

The other white meat

9. Snakedriver

Snakedriver Active Member

You're right, I like your title better! I just get very angry when I see where some a**clown has used his right to own a firearm irresponsibly. It makes us all look bad.:(

10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

This guy was on my deck, with only a couple of feet, and a pane of glass separating us.
    Should I have shot him?
    I DON'T THINK SO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guy in your story is another likely candidate for my tag line. :mad:

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  11. Brian48

Brian48 New Member

Great. Another idiot that makes us all look bad.

12. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

If I had seen witnessed that, I'm pretty sure I would have been outraged enough to shoot the idiot myself (saving everybody a lot of money), then buried him where he wouldn't be found.
    Keep in mind that in 25 years of work with wildlife over 3 continents, having seen enough of, ahem, "men" like this, I don't (won't) suffer the likes of them anymore.
    But hey, that's just me :rolleyes:

13. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I would just like to state the record that i would never dream of harming my ex-mother-in-law.... :D:D:D:D:D:D

mike
    gn

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  14. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

We always knew you were a good guy! :)