Gun of the Day

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

AntiqueDr
    (10/19/01 4:57:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Gun of the Day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armalite AR-10 A2 Carbine .308. Nice little battle rifle.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/20/01 8:08:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Gun of the Day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ADr,

The armalites are niice! Are you selling them? I looked real hard at armalites recently, finally decided I couldn't afford the $1000+ price point at the moment. By the way, what's the difference with the "eagle arms" line that armalite's marketing? Pictures look about the same, but I haven't handled the products...they're a bit cheaper.

AntiqueDr
    (10/20/01 9:26:32 am)
    Yep, we're selling Armalites when we can get them... damn things get backordered more than anything I've ever seen! Armalite says they're "working on the backlog problem." Yeah, right... keep supply low and demand high... remember the S&W 29 in the 70's?

Anyway, the Eagle Arms guns dont have as many available options, no muzzle brake/flash hider, and the internals are not finished quite as nicely. Still, it is a very fine rifle and probably the best buy in the Armalite line. Unfortunately, Eagles are backordered even worse than the Armalites.

Supposed to be in line for the AR-30 in .338 Lapua Mag, we'll see if I'm still alive when it gets here.

Email me off-forum, we'll figure a way to get you into an AR-10.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/20/01 11:09:01 pm)
    Warning----As you are laying on the ground with bleeding eardrums after shooting an AR-10/muzzlebrake without earplugs just remind yourself to pay attention to warpig's warnings. A bunch of them on Guns America.

My freind has one, great accurate and fun rifle. But with any firearme and especially anything with a muzzlebrake. Use hearing protection. What?? did someone say something???
    Don't mind me, I am a blithering idiot:)

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/21/01 12:34:02 pm)
    Very nice !!!
    It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here. Patrick Henry 1765

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/23/01 4:47:31 pm)
    Nice gun, but I dunno, the green plastic makes it look like a toy like the ugly reddish plastic grips do to a Makarov, and for the life of me, I can't figure why a synthetic stock on an M1A, if you need one, STILL isn't a better deal/gun.

But, I'll trade you a Mosin for it, AD.

OK, OK, mebbe two...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915