Gun rights

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by bman16407, Nov 22, 2012.

  1. bman16407

    bman16407 New Member

    Nov 21, 2012
    I have a misdemeanor 1 ( non violent) and under current PA law I can't own a firearm. What do I do to get my rights back, because before I always thought it was a felony that prohibited the owning of firearms. Is there a way to restore my gun rights? As of right now I've been using muzzleloaders (shotgun and 50 cal) to hunt deer and small game and turkey. Are antique shotguns able to be used with modern ammunition? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
  2. gvw3

    gvw3 Well-Known Member

    Oct 16, 2011
    Chicago IL Area
    In Illinois you can't even shoot black powder without a FOID. You need a lawyer. Every state has different laws on this. In Illinois I think you could still get the card with a misdemeanor. Good luck...

  3. carver

    carver Moderator Supporting Member

    Jul 28, 2008
    DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of E. Texas!
    Welcome to the forum. I suggest that you take George's advice, see a lawyer. I won't bet on it, but I doubt there are any lawyers form PA on this forum. I persoanlly wouldn't try to shoot modern ammo in an antique gun!
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. CCHolderinMaine

    CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

    Mar 21, 2012
    Steep Falls, Maine
    Welcome to the forum. You might've answered your question in your question..."under current PA law" I would consult a lawyer and see what the options are for fixing your situation so you can own a gun there. But, the answer may ultimately be to leave a state that would take away your rights due to a misdemeanor.
  5. jlloyd73

    jlloyd73 Active Member

    Nov 28, 2010
    1,958 will have to see a lawyer.

    Too bad the corrupt government has trampled all over the 2nd Amendment over the years. Like many I believe that the 2nd guarantees "ALL" Americans the right to own firearms to protect themselves, their family, their property, and their freedoms.

    The whole "law abiding citizens and mentally stable" stuff is B.S. All the government has to do is change a law or definition of something to fit their needs to take away your God given and 2nd Amendment guaranteed right.
  6. firefighter1635

    firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

    Jan 4, 2012
    FEMA Region V
    Welcome to TFF. As many others have stated your going to have to get with a lawyer in your state. There are ways to get this adjudicated but depending on the offence it could be easly done or more difficult, but doeable none the less.
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum House Passes Bill to Protect Second Amendment Rights of America’s Veterans Mar 18, 2017
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum Lawyers Attack Gun Rights now Dec 11, 2016
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum Did Wisconsin just lose the 4th amendment rights Sep 18, 2016
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum thoughts on 2A rights of minors Mar 19, 2016
The Constitutional & RKBA Forum These Hillary Supporters Want Her to Repeal the Bill of Rights if She's Elected President Aug 4, 2015