The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit my favorite LGS from which I get most of the reloading supplies I don’t order from Midway yesterday and he was much “lighter” than the last time I was there about a month ago.

Very few handguns, a lot of high $ rifles, only weird ammo (if you need .218 Bee he has 6 boxes...😉). Only primers he had were 400 LR Magnum. He did have two boxes of CCI mini mags for $15.98 each. Had 17HMR and .300savage and .300 Win Mag.

Today I stopped at a “Point Blank” range/store near Gary. Again, lots of .17, .300 Win Mag (I think I need one😉) and some wierd stuff like .45-70 Subsonic(?). The absolute only reloading components they had were two 100 ct boxes of .355 9mm Sierra Match fmj bullets @ $42.99 each.🤨

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of got a kick out of seeing all that .218 Bee...when I was shopping for my “Walking Around Rifle” for South Dakota I came within a hairs breadth of “pulling the trigger” and buying a sweet used Ruger #1 HB in .218 Bee for $900.

I wanted something bigger at the time at least a .223 but I always loved the looks of a #1.

If I bought it it’s good to know I’d have ammo for it😎

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Most of the gun shops around here in SW Indiana have very limited supplys. In fact a few have cut hours because they don't have enough to sell to keep the doors open. Some are only open 4 hrs a day, one of the owners says he can't get supplys in even if he can get them ordered, shipping is taking forever.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
My LGS has plenty of guns and ammo. They say they get shipments of both daily. They have reloading components as well. The only ammo they have on the shelves is 5.56/223, 9 MM , 40, 45 ACP and .22 but the shelves are full. Anything else you have to ask for. 9 MM has gone up twice in the last month from 16.99 per 50 rounds to 30.00 per 50 rounds. 5.56 brass cased is still 11.99 per 20 rounds so far.

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
It's been a few months since I was in a gun shop and it was 100 miles from me. I have no idea what's out there locally. I think the last time I was in the local Academy was quite a bit before Thanksgiving and they hand firearms but no loading supplies to speak of and not much ammo, if I remember right. I never look at prices as I just don't buy there.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Super Moderator
40,034 Posts
I have not been in my LGS in months, I really need to go see what is happening!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Went to my local reloading shop this morning, not expecting much. Got 1 pound (actually 14 oz) of 700X, 100 berry's 357 & 44's, 50 7mm/08 brass. They're saying no primers until late summer at the earliest. Bummer. Their best explanation was that the cartridge manufacturers are getting all the components first. I guessed as much, they are the same companies.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
My local grocery store where i bought those 7 boxes of 12ga federal target loads manager said I am the only person to buy any ammo since they put it in the case in September and said he found another case in back he thought was the ammo in the glass case i bought and asked if i was interested the case. I said i cant afford it right now. those 7 boxes sucked up my budget. he said ok ill keep it in the back let me know when you want it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing here in SW Missouri. No reloading supplies to be found except the odd ball stuff, not much ammo and only high end rifles. I'm heading to bass pro in Springfield later today to pick up a rifle I ordered. I'm hoping they have a better selection but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Northern NY state is no better, maybe even worse. You can hear an echo when you walk into a gun shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bass Pro had no reloading supplies. Stopped at a couple of spots and found some Accurate 2460 and some .22 ammo that wasn't too high so I picked those up. They had small pistol primers but I'm not paying $200 a brick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts