The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I called Bucksport Sporting goods yesterday..... they have what I need!
My former Sgt from my Police Exploer days is going with me!
He is now the retired Chief of Police....

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
IMHO go with the 357. You can shoot anything from 148 WC to 38 special standard velocity, 38 specia +P up to full power 357mag. I wouldn’t feed a Charter a steady diet of 357 though. The +Ps would be a good fit in such a revolver IMO.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Here's hoping she finds and picks the perfect carry gun for her needs.

Try them all and see which one points the best, feels the best in your hands and meets the approval of the retired Police Chief and you.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
They have a charter arms .38 or a S&W .38 or a .357 /.38..... so we will see the Right price and the right gun....
If the three are within "spitting distance" on the prices, I'd recommend the S&W .357, which will shoot .38 just fine. The S&W is well made, and you can get the trigger smoothed up, and purchase a wide variety of after market stocks and holsters. It would be worth a few extra dollars as long as it hasn't been abused by a previous owner. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
If the three are within "spitting distance" on the prices, I'd recommend the S&W .357, which will shoot .38 just fine. The S&W is well made, and you can get the trigger smoothed up, and purchase a wide variety of after market stocks and holsters. It would be worth a few extra dollars as long as it hasn't been abused by a previous owner. Good luck!
I've seen a few S&W .38 snubbies for under $400 at my LGS. It'd be worth an extra $50-$75 bucks over the Charter arms to me.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Rae, best of luck in finding the revolver that is right for you! I love my revolvers and I believe that you cannot go wrong with at least one in your possession. JM2C

Reactions: tedwitt and joe45c
1 - 20 of 91 Posts