Gun show last week

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by zkovach, Jan 2, 2017.

1. zkovach

zkovach Well-Known Member

I was really disappointed in a gun show I went to. Given the ban on mlsurp rifles and overall hoarding pricing was insane, and tiny amounts of rifles there. I've always been able to find a jewel at a gun show but good lord the 4 mausers I saw went between 650-800 dollars...... 3 garands at 2000.00. 1903 - at 750-1000, and my god mosin nagants at 299-399...... give me a break!!! I'll also add maybe 20% of the vendors were gun dealers and vendors were just selling trinkets and other things. Just sad!

accident and joe45c like this.
  2. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

I used to see the same thing at the Gun Shows in Douglas County OR. Pawn Shops would show up with Used Guns they bought on the cheap, or guns that were forfeited due to non-redemption, asking more than a brand new gun of the same model. One Pawn Shop even bought new guns then marked them up higher than full retail they sold the guns in their shop. Around here there are frequently Gun Show signs plastered all over the county, but they seem to never list a date or location for the show.

accident likes this.

3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

They have a ban on military surplus rifles? When did that happen?

firefighter1635 likes this.
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Gun shows around here are a joke and I quit going to them some years ago. 8 to 10 bucks to get in, then everything is marked up above full retail. They're a waste of money unless your looking for that obscure gun or part that you just have to have now. Oh, and the loophole.......pffft, who wants to deal with that?:rolleyes::D

Big Mak, accident, joe45c and 2 others like this.
  5. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

at least one of the bans was obozo doing it to hurt Russia in retailiation for invading Crimea
    and one more I know of is the state dept blocking the importing of thousands of US rifles now owned by the South Koreans who want to import them for sale back to the US, but that has been blocked by the obozo administration

accident, ms6852 and joe45c like this.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

For the most part around here I can buy guns cheaper at the gun library in Cabela's. They have a very good selection but the prices are way too high. I haven't been to one in a year now.

accident and joe45c like this.
  7. zkovach

zkovach Well-Known Member

Co
    Correct which has driven dealers out and prices way up! Hopefully trump will help with this!

accident and dbcooper like this.
  8. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

Same here, they have one every month but by the time you pay for parking and admission you are already out $15- $20, and at least a third of the vendors are selling jewelry, oil, and some other form of crafts. If I do go it is because I am hoping on finding something that I need and I can not find it online or no retailer has it. So I take my Vaseline to ease the pain.

accident likes this.
  9. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've also noticed the changes in the gunshows here.I think we have one coming up soon and I'll go to it (just in case I see something),but I expect inflated prices and not much to choose from in the way of used guns.The days of the vendors there with barrels full of misc. guns in varying conditions for good prices are no longer there.

10. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

Last time I went to a gun show, I got a brand new Older model RCBS Digital Scale (still had the tape in place on the box and the dead 9V battery it shipped with. Works great with a fresh battery. Tat was about 5 years ago. Only paid $20 for it. Now my wife points out every gun show sign she sees then tells me I can't go to it.

11. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

Last time I found a good deal was at a small gunshow at the community center in Universal City Texas. It was right before Obama, anyway there weren't any vendors just regular folks and I got a good deal on a Remington 513T with redfield iron sights. I paid $350 for it and gave it to my God son which he needed for some school program in west Texas , Fort Stockton. I have never found great deals since that time at a gun show.