Gun show report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/26/03 2:03:16 pm)
    Gun show report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With empty pockets i headed to the gun show just knowing everything was going to be way over priced as usual.

I was pleasantly surprised. Found some great deals on shotguns like a Rem Wingmaster 870 12ga with choke tubes VERY NICE dang near new looking for $250.00!!!!!!!

Many -03's and -03a3's in the $400 to $500 price range that were in very nice shape.

Argentine ballister Molina 45 for $200. Looked new.

And the holy Grail of my long search, A Stevens Visible Loader with A GOOD BORE. Wood and blueing not the best but I would have forked over the $300.00 if I had it. Kind of high but with a good bore the rest is just refinishing cosmetics

Very nice 12 ga. BSS full/mod, pistol grip, selectable trigger for $800.00. The engraving was gold scrolls. First time I had seen that.

I was looking for cheap ammo and there was NONE. Nothing there for shotshell reloading components either.

Good prices on Winchestor 1897's also

Only thing I bought was a couple raffle tickets for a Browning A-Bolt and I picked up business cards of a few of the dealers with good buys.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/26/03 3:42:19 pm)
    Reply Re: Gun show report
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ya done good, Piggie -

Anymore when I go the gunshows, all I have to show for it is the stamp in the back of my hand and the rest of the money still in my pockets. Haven't found any of those nice bargins in my neck of the woods for a loooooong time.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/27/03 12:27:26 pm)
    Reply Re: Gun show report
    YO Pigghetti, lemme make yur day. I got, in the process of findin all the parts to put it together, a vis loader. THe back half, wood receiver is AS NEW. found a barrel but need inner mag tube an some other bits an pieces. will praally have 4-5 K inta it

4wheeler
    (1/29/03 8:33:32 pm)
    Reply re;GUN SHOWS
    THE STORY OF MY LIFE:When I have money find no buys!
    When I do not, find all kind of good buys! Thats life.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/30/03 12:13:48 am)
    Re: re;GUN SHOWS
    Send it my way ib

Ya lucky dog

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/30/03 11:13:38 am)
    Reply Re: re;GUN SHOWS
    Piggo, will try toget a pitcher to ya if an when it gets dun...

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/30/03 11:36:09 am)
    I got a camera. Send me the gun

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/30/03 11:55:40 am)
    Stephens Visible Loader -

IB, try searching Ebay, under "Gun Parts" - seems I saw someone auctioning some parts for one of these rifles.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/30/03 12:07:47 pm)
    Yep lots of parts out there for these.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/30/03 5:03:47 pm)
    OK dudes, I went that route a while back, should be time to try again. Thanx for da wakeup call. Yar piggy, Y not , sure ting, yeah rite. Tell ya wat, willin to trade for a nice 22 falling block a German military trainer, any of the Mauser 300 or 400 series 22's, 61 Win smoothbore, 1897 Marlin U DIG???

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/30/03 6:31:27 pm)
    I ain't got none of them girlie guns. How about I give you what i got in my wallet for it.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/31/03 1:51:43 pm)
    Da pig is gonna spill some jing $$$ on IB?? B still my foolish hart.....but I mite take U up on it if I kant connect in a resonable piece of time....

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/31/03 4:52:52 pm)

Quote:
    How about I give you what i got in my wallet for it.

You don't know what I got in my wallet

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/31/03 5:37:37 pm)
    Reply GUN SHOWS
    Warpig -

I'll take a guess. Is what's in your wallet leaving a rounded outline/imprint?

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/31/03 5:43:38 pm)
    Re: GUN SHOWS
    Yeah, and a small one at dat.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/31/03 8:16:14 pm)
    Re: GUN SHOWS
    Nope, wife is fixed. No need for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.