Gun Show Report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladimir, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

So I hit the gun show yesterday and figured I would report it, I may be going back today/tomorrow to take some time to browse around since I didn't get much time on Friday. Yesterdays successful results: http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?p=421667#post421667 :D

I think there were plenty of guns, I was sort of surprised at the selection, maybe even way more guns than before. Good variety, though there were very noticeable absences. I don't think I saw a single Rock River AR, maybe saw one or two DPMS which was tricked out and pricey. A few Smith and Wessons, several used/older Colts. No Armalites.

The big change however was ammunition!!! There are normally two or three or more stands dedicated entirely to bulk sales (and small quantity sales) of ammunition and only one of them were here yesterday! There was some new one but he was selling trash at ridiculous prices (and was a lying sack of... as well :rolleyes:). The one left, it's like BuyAmmoOnline.com had a noticeably reduced inventory (unless they just wanted it to look that way) and it looks like ammo sales were shifting from pistol calibers (from before) into rifle calibers. Maybe that has to do more with the hunting season or something, or maybe it has to do with stockpiling.

New Oly Arms were going for under $1000 for base models, up to a little higher for different configurations. Saw an awfully purty KelTec SU16D for $650 which was a smoking deal. Was only looking at ARs so don't have much info on anything else that was there. I scooted and slided through the tables like a pro just keeping my eyes open for ARs :D.

2. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Yeah, they think they can throw a bun of accessories on and sell it that way for a bigger profit.... :mad:

mike
    gn

3. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Went back today to get some time to browse. I noticed all the bulk .223 was gone, there was some Wolf and Brown Bear at various tables in small quantities (though at pretty decent prices). Picked up a bore snake for the AR to speed up the breaking-in process.

The woman working the counter pissed me off plenty though. I pointed out I was there on Friday AND spent over a grand so would really appreciate getting in for $3 (to make $10 with the $7 I paid on Friday- $10 is a weekend pass) and she coldly assured me I had to have bought a weekend pass by yesterday. So I spent $7 to save $2 on my bore snake versus the gun shop :rolleyes:.

But it was nice to get some browsing in. Scouted some future desires, some shotguns and .357s and the sort. The guy still had the SU16, it was real tough to just walk past it :(. And I just remembered I was going to buy one of those stupid little magnetic bracelets because they were only $5 and I had some cash on me- and I know several people who swear they are the greatest thing since sliced bread... but I forgot :(.

4. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

I told ya to get the kel tec su16 but Nooooooooooo !
    Anyway it looks like you made a good choice anyway.:D

I expect a range report forth with ! ;)