The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a small local show this weekend.

Usual fair.. 50$ boxes of ammo. beef jerky. purses. dust collectors made out of spent cartridges.. a few tables of knives... someone selling ww2 era picture books... a couple entire rows of optics and glass.. tools.. a couple rows of black rifles.. and then a row of junk guns missing parts.. unloved.. beaters.. etc. and then a couple rows of actual serviceable guns for sale.. with at least half the row being premium items like M1D sniper garands.. and a couple double rifles in the 5 digit price range.

I think I found the best score in the show. Guy had an older un opened box of lyman 45 cal gas checks for 15$ setting on a table with mounted gator heads and gator claw back scratchers.

The gas checks were a nice find.. and even made up for the 5$ entry fee and I still saved money over buying new..

·
TFF Chaplain
20,597 Posts
Congratulations. If you use them, that's a great find.

Reactions: jim brady

·
Registered
8,031 Posts
Kinda of lean pickins' anywheres you go these days. Glad you found something you can use at a good price! I found a gun shop in Colorado Springs that had a decent supply of bullets for both rifles and pistols. Managed to score 2 boxes of 9X18 95 grain Hornady JHPs. Prices were a little high (about $22 a box of 100). They had just sold out of small rifle primers right before I got there - but at least they did get some in and didn't lie about it. I'm a little lean on SP primers, but decent on the rest. With the 2 cans of 700X I'm OK with pistol powder for family that I load for, and my 1 pound of Unique should last me until Dopey gets out of the Oval Office (If I don't get wasteful). 2FG BP is the only thing I'm really short on, but still have half a can of Pyrodex RS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts