The Firearms Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ghosteagle, would've loved for you to have been there while kids were running in the line of fire.
Again that would be unfortunate but it would be what I consider collateral damage. Yes the kids are Innocent but they are in an environment that wasn't conducive to young children. Perhaps CPS should have got involved long before a shotgun was drawn on a police officer. No doubt that it's a tough situation there are no easy answers.

More important consideration would be would your department have your back if one of those children did get injured or killed? Again even in the civilian world I wouldn't risk myself or my partner being shot particularly with a weapon like a shotgun before opening fire. Let's face it you get shot with a shotgun there's a good chance you're not going to live.

Now I don't know the situation or the particulars however another question to be raised is was non-lethal an option? If there were two officers on scene one should have non-lethal while the other one has lethal on the suspect. Many of us know that non-lethal options simply don't work.

In this day and age however the way media spins things unfortunately none of that would have mattered. What would have mattered is how the news reported it.

This is the reason why police officers particularly in my area are retiring and nobody wants the job. If I don't have my department support in those pucker situations what's the point?

Yet another scenario is let's say he had a hostage. It wouldn't be the first time the hostage got shot by a stray bullet or two because the suspect needed to go down. The fact that these are young children makes it difficult but I see no difference. We do the best that we can while maintaining our safety primarily. Lest we forget we're the good guys.

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
How about a Winchester model 42 and 12? The Model 12 was made the same year my late mother was born which makes it pretty special. I’ve had it re-blued since this evening and it looks amazing. Have a friend that’s a professional photographer and sometime soon we’ll be taking nice pictures of some of the special ones in the safe.
Wood Bookcase Book Drawer Publication
Wood Plant Brick Pipe Tree

81 - 88 of 88 Posts