Gun stores are essential.

Discussion in 'Firearms News, Reviews, and Featured Articles' started by ms6852, Mar 28, 2020.

1. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

The Texas Attorney General ruled that all gun stores in Texas are essential and can stay open.
    He is concerned that if society breaks down amidst the coronus virus that the citizens would not be able to have means to defend themselves.

Also the Governor issued an order to all Utility Companies in the state that they could not turn services off for non payment of utilities, as the number of citizens that have been laid off number in the hundreds of thousands here in Texas.

I'm glad there is some common sense in our Texas government.

2. sparkyv

sparkyv Well-Known Member

It's frustrating, however that gun ranges are not, especially outdoor ones. Makes NO SENSE! :mad:

Rae Harrison, ms6852 and joe45c like this.

3. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm lucky, i guess.Our outdoor Rifle pistol, archery and trap range is open, but not the indoor pistol, and archery..

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Rae Harrison and ms6852 like this.
  4. sparkyv

The ultimate irony and insult...gun ranges open in NY and shut down by our poor decision-making county judges here in TX.

joe45c and ms6852 like this.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

Last I heard, the range I am a member of is open, but we cannot bring any guests.

ms6852 and sparkyv like this.
  6. ms6852

In all honesty I don't even know if mine is open. Wife has asthma and have not wanted to go out.

joe45c likes this.
  7. rawright54

rawright54 Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work Supporting Member

Our local range is open, but only for members; the public hours are cancelled. That should improve membership numbers!

Rae Harrison, ms6852 and sparkyv like this.
  8. Dragstrip trash

Dragstrip trash Member

Local range here is open for now ... not sure for how long

ms6852 likes this.
  9. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

It is all and well that certain states and the POTUS believe that gun shops are essential, but when they are sold out do to panic buying, well, they mite as well close. Just ask are resident gun shop owner goofy about this.

ms6852 likes this.
  10. Smoke

Smoke Well-Known Member

This is from an NRA link.

The Trump administration issued a guidance that said the firearm industry should be allowed to remain open during the coronavirus pandemic.

A memo released Saturday by the Homeland Security Department said workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges are part of its "essential critical infrastructure workforce" advisory list during the COVID-19 response effort.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...ntial-business-list-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

jwdurf and ms6852 like this.
  11. John Bradford

John Bradford Member

"Anti-gunners tried to use their new “emergency powers” to SHUT DOWN gun sales, so we wrote a letter urging the Department of Homeland Security to designate the firearms industry an “ESSENTIAL” business.

As I’ve reported to you recently, the Trump Administration listened to the pleas of gun owners and revised the classification of gun stores in its federal guidance. As reported by The Washington Times on Saturday:

“That [revised] guidance came on the heels
    of a Friday letter to the Trump administration from the
    Gun Owners of America (GOA) and Gun Owners of California (GOC),
    which requested such classification.”

-- The Washington Times, March 28, 2020

Your God-given rights have now been deemed ESSENTIAL at the federal level, trumping all state bans. And this is having a domino effect which has resulted in several more states allowing gun stores to remain open.

As politicians are releasing violent prisoners and delaying arrests for crimes during this pandemic, there has NEVER been a more important time to exercise your 2A rights.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Senior Vice President
    Gun Owners of America"

jwdurf, ms6852 and Bigdog57 like this.
  12. fisherman346

fisherman346 Active Member

The only reason any thing is closed around here is the fact that they have no ammo or guns left.

ms6852, joe45c and sparkyv like this.
  13. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Gun stores and their indoor ranges are essential in Illinois believe it or not. My club is not. It has been closed since 03/25/20. The gun stores are empty. All the guns and ammo were bought up the 1st week of this virus scare.

On a good note the club may open this weekend. Full members only. Very limited.

ms6852 and joe45c like this.
  14. sparkyv

Our club opened up after four weeks, but we don't have a pro shop. ;)

ms6852 likes this.
  15. ms6852

I really don't know if my gun range is opened. I've been busy cleaning the garage and organizing it by putting items on the new shed I built, and am ready to replace the frame siding on all the windows. But I happened to be at Walmart the other day and passed by the firearms department and they seemed to have plenty of ammo to include 22lr, their was a note stating that you could only buy 2 boxes of ammo regardless of caliber, not 2 of each caliber a total of 2 period.

joe45c likes this.