The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the last week or two i have been flooded with e-mail of gun stuff for sale. i was under the impression there was a shortage of guns and ammo. not so according to all the post on my e-mail. i opened one from Buds guns and they have ammo. some brands i do not see to often, still it is ammo. i roll my own thus i am not interested. there are guns there as well. nothing i have a interest in at this time. so are we sliding out of the gun recession? my oh my i do hope so. when will primers be back? soon? will the market place prevail? supply and demand?

rick

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I was in Cabelas yesterday and they had plenty of ammo in all the popular calibers.

Primers are coming back as well. Midway, Brownells and a couple others have been dropping primers al.ost daily for the last couple weeks. I have scored 10k of them myself. They are not back down to pre covid prices but are much lower than the popular auction sites have been.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
As per the "some brands I do not see to often" comment. The bottom of the barrel is being seen in order to offer up "Something." I have pretty much all the ammo I need, with the exception of a couple newly added calibers, I need to stock up on. I have not even been looking, because I refuse to pay Stupid prices.

I can wait it out. It's not like I need to rely on those newly added calibers. They were late additions to the Herd. (.270, .44mag, .357mag, probably another couple as well.)

I hope the ammo shortage is coming to an end, but I have my doubts.

Reactions: Fletch.N

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
I can make whatever I need except for primers. Thanks to Joe45 I'm good on LPP until this breaks, everything else I need I have enough of. That and BP and flintlocks are my friend!!!....... :giggle:

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
I too have noticed things like that. I have also noticed I have gotten a lot of "Out of Stock"," delayed shipping for reasons beyond our control", & a lot of double talk about why my order has not arrived in a month or more. I have even had to dispute a charge on Visa after my $5,000.00+ order didn't show up for over 2-months, miraculously appear with no shipping or tracking info.

I've been trying to buy a new bass boat. Our local Tracker dealer shows many models in stock, but when I went to buy, they refused to sell any because they said they were samples to show customers. Also, If I wanted to order one, they couldn't even give me an approximate guesstimate when I could expect one to come in. All that & the Tracker factory is only about a hundred miles away in Missouri. I finally settled on a small local dealer who had pre-ordered several new boats from Lowe & promised me a 2022 model in mid to late Aug.

Our economy is a train wreck! People won't go back to work because they are making more money on the dole & all our Government is doing is shelling out more dollars for cell phones & flat screen TV's. Now with the Covid variant making a huge resurgent we will likely be right back where we started from last yr. The only difference is higher prices, shortages & inflation that threatens our Country & way of life. And the only answer we got is to speed up the printing presses to dole out free money faster. We are spending while we can at nearly any price, since a huge crash is inevitable & then will have the liberals dream of a level playing field. We'll all be broke & at the mercy of our elitist rulers My dentist already called me the new buzz word for our generation," an end of lifer." Sometimes it's good to be old!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I hear you Gun Geezer. Our Store has had Help Wanted/We're Hiring signs up for a couple months, no takers. (This in a small town, where jobs are very hard to come by.) People do not want to work. I posted about it before, but about a month ago, we had an announcement over the intercom that EBT cards could not be accepted due to the system being down. You would have thought the Economy had crashed. I heard/saw several customers cursing and walking away from their carts leaving them full and where they were. Beautiful, just Beautiful.

Some People just need a good thorough beating (and a Job.) A Helping hand up, should not be considered a Generational Entitlement. (Which is what it has turned into.) It's just sad. People have no Shame.

Reactions: ScrapMetal
1 - 11 of 11 Posts