The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Given the purple pliers in the foreground, I'm assuming you made this video. :eek::D

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Hes off on his dates. Ruger didnt start the new models until after 1973. He said he bought it new in 1972, whoch would have made it a 3 screw ruger. And it is clearly not a 3 screw ruger.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Do i count as a real gunman Jim?

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hes off on his dates. Ruger didnt start the new models until after 1973. He said he bought it new in 1972, whoch would have made it a 3 screw ruger. And it is clearly not a 3 screw ruger.
Winner. I should have put your name as a contender. Good job.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I used to have a flattop 3 screw in .44 mag.

The small grip frame made it painful to shoot so i hocked it for a new model SBH.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
We should start a firearms trivia thread.. That way we could play stump the chump all day.. ;)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
We should start a firearms trivia thread.. That way we could play stump the chump all day.. ;)
PERFECT NAME for the new thread....

Stump the Chump

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Ill give yall the honors.. Prolly best placed in General discussion since it will cover a broad array fo firearms related trivia.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Do i count as a real gunman Jim?
No you only play one on TV. :lmao2:
I would not have gotten it bc I start to zone out watching amateur gun videos on youtube. must be my ADD. ;)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
No you only play one on TV. :lmao2:
I would not have gotten it bc I start to zone out watching amateur gun videos on youtube. must be my ADD. ;)
I turned off the audio about 30 seconds in ... couldn't stand it any more.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I got it too, as soon as he turned the gun around and there was only two pins in the frame.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
:na-na:

Nope. It will take a real gunmen like DoubleD, Alpo, or Bennett to get it.
You are giving me entirely too much credit, I didnt know the answer.

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
Pronounces the holster wrong, too. As they used to say in the ads, it's Bee-Yankee.

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
The reason the frame is a different color is it is not the same stuff. Ruger casts their frames. Don't know if anyone else does that now, but for years and years nobody did. All frames were forged steel.

So Rugers have a cast steel frame, a forged steel barrel, a forged steel cylinder and an aluminum grip. Of course they are all different colors. Although the frame did start as blue, sometimes a Ruger frame will purple with age. This is considered desirable by Ruger collectors. All of 'em don't do it, for some reason.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts