Gunguy and Others who've Asked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tuckerd1, Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporting Member

Here is a house picture viewed from south:

For those that do not know, I moved on year ago from SE Alabama to Ne Alabama. I purchsed some land and started building my house. I am the contractor, carpenter, electrician and anything else I had to do.

This has been an eye opening experience. First house I've built myself. I worked hand in hand with a contractor on my last one, but this has been all mine. The last month has been hell to say the least. Trying to coordinate some sub-contractors and finish my work has been a job. I have also been trying to work my full time job at Redstone. On top of all that my wife is giving me fits about living in the camper (34' 5th wheel and 16' tagalong for volunteer labor all setup under pole barn). Nerves are getting very touchy right now.

House building graduation soon though. Big week coming up next week. We are having our household goods and furniture delivered Tuesday, April 1. I still have things to do to the house this weekend to be ready to live in it. Will probably have some small items to take care of after we move in, but it is coming to a close.

I need a break!! Will get one very soon.

I am also looking forward to having internet access at home in a couple of weeks so I can spend more time online.

Attached Files:

2. tuckerd1

View from east. I have sice cleared some underbrush you see in this photo.

Attached Files:

3. 280freak

280freak Guest

Very nice! Must give you an incredible sense of satisfaction having done it all yourself.

Of course, I would imagine that it also left you a bit, well, ............ tuckered out! Yuk yuk, snort, guffaw. :D

Oh, come on, SOMEBODY had to say it!

4. sweetsoo

sweetsoo New Member

BEAUTIFUL!
    Building a house is a labor of love. AND, once you get settled in, you will enjoy it all the more because of all the memories that are built into it.

ss

5. tuckerd1

Thanks 280 and sweetsoo. I like the joke 280. I am tuckerd out.

You are right sweetsoo, I had a good time building it.

Well, I'm gone until April 7. Gotta finish up and get moved in.

See y'all then.

6. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

tuckerd1

Nice looking place ya got there...Hope ya get settled in soon!...:)

7. Xracer

Xracer Guest

Lookin' good Tuck, lookin' good!

8. skorpion

skorpion Guest

Very beautiful home in a beautiful location, tuckerd. So, when are you going to set up the backyard shootin' range? :D
    BTW, how many acres, if you don't mind my asking? I really want to move to the mountains of Arizona someday and buy at least 20 acres of land, with a self-contained ranch: large water well, propane, solar panels, the whole works.

9. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss Active Member

Nice Tuck, very nice....so when's the housewarming party?
    :)

10. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Really first rate job, Tuck.

But if I was you I'd fire up the old chain saw and clear a heck of a lot of brush away from the new house...one needs a good fire break protection.

Second thought, maybe lay in a good forestry type pumper hose water cannaster, the type that has hose and wand to be able to spray up on your roof in an emergency. I think they have the shotgun type pumping action to shoot the water out of the wand.

I'm a fine one to say this, I've got big trees all around me and don't have one myself. But the fire dept is less than a mile from my house.

Good luck and God bless your place and family.

Gunguy :)

11. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Tuckered,

Good job! Even looks like it's in Plumb!

berto

12. Ms. Beast

Ms. Beast Guest

The house looks great! It makes it a lot more special when you do things yourself, you should be very proud of what you have done! I would love to live there.............could us Beast people come for a visit for a few years?!

13. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

There you go tuck, put em' to work clearing brush and building your gun range.

GG

14. Archangel

Archangel Guest

oh

WOW great looking house , and the location looks nice , though
    kind of hard to tell with all those trees...but trees are nice too so :D .

Must be really great to be able to do it yourself , and cheaper as well I guess .

I don`t even want to think about the price-range of a house like that back home :eek: .

15. tuckerd1

Thanks Guys & Gals! Finally moved in. Furniture was delivered Apr 1st. Been unpacking boxes since then and still ain't half done! HA!! Got too much junk. Was in the last house 20 years! I see a yard sell in the future.

Trying to finish up some last minute items. The brush out front has been cleared. Cleared trees far enough apart so I can run tractor & bush hog between them.

The shooting range will be located south of the house behind the barn. Probably will only be 100 yds though. But, I mainly shoot pistol and 22 rifle, so that will work good. I just feel fortunate to be able to shoot at home.

Skorpian, I got 84 acres. 10-15 in valley, the rest on mountain side.

berto, most of it is plumb. LOL!!

Gunguy, It is cleared well around the house now. Should provide good fire break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.