Guns and the BIG CHAIN STORES

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Old Guns, Apr 15, 2018.

1. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

You can say it, but you might get some interesting spam.

carver and ms6852 like this.
  2. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Moderator Supporting Member

It's pretty simple.

carver likes this.

3. Old Guns

Old Guns Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I didn't know that many people still smoked. I don't really know anyone who does anymore, most of them gave it up for either a big box or a small vase.

dbcooper and carver like this.
  4. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ooooooooh no, I stopped rolling things decades ago. :D

dbcooper, carver and ms6852 like this.
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

The bottom line is, you gotta shop around. I usually go to Scheels to look & handle guns but as a rule their prices are high to pay for their huge overhead. I was in the market for a trap gun once & found a new Barretta 12ga semi auto for a few hundred less than every other store I checked. It was a pleasant surprise. Our local Farm Supply store has a great selection of rifles, pistols & ammo at prices less than any I've seen on-line. I usually end up buying there. Gallery of Guns is also very competitive & will come up with 5 quotes at 5 stores within 50 miles. Just so happens that the cheapest price has always been at the gun store about a mile away. I've even found a rare deal at a gun show on the last day or poor turn outs. You got to shop around.

BlackEagle and carver like this.
  6. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I try to shop LGS's when I can, problem is there is only one on the Long Beach Peninsula, the next closest is over 30 miles away in OR. The one on the Peninsula knows he is the only game in town and a total Richard Cranium about it. Prices so high you would expect to see 24K gold inlay on everything. so even though it is a 2 hour + drive each way I usually shop Sportsmans Warehouse or Bi-Mart in Aberdeen if we are going that way. After BP bought Cabela's I won't shop there anymore as the prices here have risen and the staff has gotten rude and hard to find on the floor. I was in Fred Meyers in Astoria OR on Friday they have removed their Rifles, Shot Guns and Ammo from the store, they no longer carry any Optics (outside of Binoculars) though the still have Glocks and Ruger hand guns in the display cases.

carver likes this.
  7. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Zigzag roller = $5.00
    1 pound pipe tobacco = $8.00

Probably make two cartons easily! And you don't have to use a filter if you don't want to.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...CFD00959E91C5B53896ECFD00959E91C&&FORM=VRDGAR

dbcooper likes this.
  8. 2A-Jay

That is the way I do it. Ribbon cut pipe tobacco $16 a pound box of tubes $3 each, I can get 3+ cartons for $25 cheapest I can get a carton of tailor made smokes for is $45.

9. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Add in 400 Bugler papers, and I'm in for less than $25, and will get 400 cigarettes.

dbcooper likes this.
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I don't pay anything for them anymore, I quit smoking 19 years ago.

CCHolderinMaine, dbcooper and Firpo like this.
  11. bosun

bosun Well-Known Member

Ended up using a roller machine before I quit. Now I vape. State cig tax was $2.00/pack & Fed tax was $1.00/pack when I started rolling. I really appreciate you trying to make me live forever by taxing me to death!
    And now back to guns.
    I have never bought a gun from one of those big stores. I prefer walking into a local shop with wooden floors that creak with a couple of old guys there with their knowledge and stories..Not wearing my glasses so the word stoRIes looks like stoNes. I'm sure the old guys have stones too..

BlackEagle likes this.
  12. 2A-Jay

I have passed a few stones in my life time. Don't ever want to do that again. OUCH :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad:

13. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just read this whole thread, front to back and the irony is that Old Guns started this thread about big box vs LGS stores because he didn't want to hijack another thread and this one has been hijacked to talk about making your own cigarettes!
    hah.gif

14. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

^^^^^^^^^
    Hahaha X’s 2

Stahlrosen and dbcooper like this.
  15. Kweeksdraw

Kweeksdraw Well-Known Member

That ain't nothin', just wait til Howlin, Tuckerd, and crystalphoto start talking about wine.

dbcooper, Stahlrosen and tuckerd1 like this.