Guns bought this year could outfit 2 armies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by questor, May 1, 2009.

1. questor

questor Member

WEAPONS OF CHOICE
    Guns bought this year could outfit 2 armies
    Report cites surge that coincided with last year's election

Posted: April 30, 2009
    10:55 pm Eastern
    By Bob Unruh

Guns purchased legally in the United States this year could outfit two armies – and not just any armies, the armies of China and India, according to new government reports cited by a website for sport-shooting enthusiasts.
    The federal National Instant Criminal Background Check System database statistics show there were more than 3.7 million background checks during the first three months of this year, compared to about 8 million annually not even a decade ago, according to the documentation assembled by Ammoland.com.
    That's not individual guns, that's background checks, the organization pointed out. If a purchaser obtains two, three or even four guns at a time, often there is only one background check.
    Full article:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=96677

2. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

ooops i misread the post...

Last edited: May 2, 2009

3. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Tony, he's saying that the number of guns bought in the US is enough to (numerically) arm those foreign armies, not that those foreign countries are buying them. ;)

4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Sheeesh I thought this was another story about Glocknut!

5. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

LMAO!!! me too!!!! hahaha!!!:D:D:D:D:D

6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

And I haven't even gotten involved this year!

It's OK, though; as has already been pointed out, Glocknut is making up for some of us who can't afford to!

7. questor

questor Member

Three months rounded to 30 days per month (total of 90 days) each inquiry of 3.7 million was for one weapon. That equals: 41,111.111111111111 weapons purchased per day.

Dang! Even Glocknut should be danging it!

8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The closet-commies saw the spike in NICs checks and probably starting crapping themselves. They know that it's impossible to confiscate that many guns, so they're thinking of ways to go after our ammo first. Then they'll pick up the empty guns.

9. islenos

islenos Active Member

That is why every shot should count.

10. artabr

artabr New Member

It's great to see Glocknut making up for us slackers. ;) :eek: :D

Art

11. RangeLogger

RangeLogger Former Guest

I second that islenos - I use this information to explain why I have a hard time finding ammo or getting range time in the last year!

Is there REALLY an Ammo Shortage?

12. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

:eek::D:D;)

:D:D:D:D

A good share of what i bought is either US made or partly US made. I like the idea of supporting the US gun manufacturers! :)

Round it off to 41,111 weapons per day... and that at an average price of $500 each that comes out to $20,555,500 worth of guns sold a day. If this pace continues its over 616 million worth of guns a month and yearly at 7,502,757,500 worth of guns a year? Is my math right?? Thats just in guns, ammo would probably be...what? 4 times that? Probably? Lets just say ammo sales are equal to gun sales then thats a total of 14 billion a year in guns and ammo sales. A nice chunk of change. However.... considering that Walmart did 52 billion in sales over a 3 day Labor day? weekned a few years back i still think that most people in this country are not buying like they should. If everyone was buying guns and ammo like they buy cheap chinese made junk at walmart...then the gun industry would rival the auto industry.

I wonder what the soda pop industry does in business yearly...Coke and Pepsi? I'll bet anything the gun industry is still in the shadow of the kind of business that industry gets. And thats a sad thing.
    I think this gun buying streak is being accomplished by a very few in terms of numbers. Even with the new first time gun buyers...most people are still sheep like and are not interrested in anything other than letting the police do all the work when it comes to their protection. Sad, very sad...

mike
    gn

13. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

These are just the ones they KNOW about. ;)

14. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

oh holy crap i guess i didnt read that right HA HA HA woops big mistake on my part.

so if every one would kindly forget that i posted that it would be greatly appreciated ;) that post never happened...

but on another note... wow that's alot of guns. if we think insurgency is bad in iraq i feel bad for any country that invades the US LOL

15. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

So wait a min. if there are 41,111 guns sold a day....right.... and there are 350,000,000 Americans.... than that means if that rate was kept up it would take 23.32 years (8514 days) to arm every American wit at least 1 firearm!!!

Holy crap people don't eat more chicken buy more guns!!!