guns that sucked"?????? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

gpostal
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/13/01 2:50:05 pm)
    | Edit | Del All "guns that sucked"??????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was looking through a old gun digest ,and it brought back some old memories,and I thought I would ask about "guns that suck" like recent ,sigma series ,colt pocket nine , but the one that I can remember was a piece-o-crap was the grendel p10 ,does anyone remember that one ,plastic gun in .380 ten rounds top feed no magazine

anyone else remember "guns that sucked"??????

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/13/01 3:11:32 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: "guns that sucked"??????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AR7, Remington Viper and current 597 model.
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

BlackGun
    (11/13/01 3:17:46 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: "guns that sucked"??????
    My TWO GLOCKS DID
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 11/15/01 1:17:30 pm

RobC in Missouri
    (11/13/01 3:49:51 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Guns that sucked
    I've heard, but never used, that the Rogak or LES (an American copy of the Steyr GB) sucked big time. There's one for sale at a local shop....

RobC in Missouri

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/13/01 5:00:59 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Guns that sucked
    M3 Grease Gun.....justa always a wantin to climb a wall!
    15 yds OK.....then ```#*+-[.><.?/"\^$@!~~~~~get tha hell outa there.
    Charlie D
    Its hard carryin 15
    of thos damn clips
    at once....

southernfreedom
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/13/01 5:47:30 pm)
    all Davis derringers. BlackGun, I was at the range the other day and a guy was
    shooting a model 30 Glock .45 (I think). He said the state police just
    designated the Glock as the official gun for its cops. He said the Glocks
    were great. I have never even fired one. I respect your opinion.
    Why don't you like Glock's??

gpostal
    (11/13/01 6:07:19 pm)
    hope you don't mind another opinion

first they shoot great ,feel ok and are fairly accurate

but I just cant buy into that hybrid thing they call a safety , a safety on the trigger is not a safety ,you have to have a special holster for them {again plastic} , and even before my buddy shot himself in the rear cheek with a amt back up I don't care for any gun with a internal hammer ,there is no decocking the gun , and if you had to smack someone with it there is not enough gun there to be effective ,plus it might discharge

but yes i wouldn't mind having a model 26 or 27 ,but could never carry it with one in the chamber ,to much like carrying a 1911 with the hammer back but not locked

Edited by: gpostal at: 11/13/01 6:10:28 pm

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/13/01 6:14:16 pm)
    Clerke First. (1970's) Absolute bottom of the barrel. Worse, even, than the RG's. Pot metal with sleeved barrel. Pure junk. I had more reliable cap pistols as a kid. Nothing could be worse.

polishshooter
    (11/13/01 7:07:53 pm)
    My very first handgun, a $40 Titan .25...

I kinda liked my AR-7, most accurate single shot semi-auto I've ever owned believe it or not...(It was accurate, but malfunctioned ALOT...) But it was the berries for carrying took down in a game bag while you carried the shotgun until you got back to the squirrel woods....

How about the Carcano, or any Italian WWII MG...

The Reising? I wonder if all those dumped in the Mantanikau are still there....

We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

zombiedawg
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/13/01 9:18:15 pm)
    | Edit | Del guns that suck
    TEC-9 THE CHAMBER WAS LIKE A FUNNEL, SOMETIMES THE BULLET FOUND THE BARREL- THE 32 ROUND CLIP WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT IF IT SHOT THE WHOLE THING. I THINK I EMPTIED A CLIP W\O A JAM MAYBE ONCE.

GP- YOU WOULD LIKE THE G-27 WITH THE FINGER EXTENSION. I LIKE THAT LITTLE GLOCK. I WAS ALWAYS A LITTLE LEARY OF THE NO-SAFETY THING BUT HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES WITH MINE. I ALMOST PREFER IT FOR THE SIMPLE FACT OF NOT HAVING TO THINK ABOUT TAKING IT OFF SAFETY FOR QUICK RESPONSE TO SECURITY.

polishshooter
    (11/13/01 9:31:19 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: guns that suck
    ZOMBIE ARE YOU MAD AT US OR IS YOUR SEAR STUCK?

YOU"RE YELLING AT US!!!!
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Edited by: polishshooter at: 11/13/01 9:32:10 pm

Bob In St Louis
    (11/13/01 9:43:12 pm)
    TEC-9, definately. Also a Carcano bored out to 8mm Mauser - I think the Germans were trying to kill off their Italian Axis partners.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

BlackGun
    (11/13/01 10:41:01 pm)
    Southernfreedom, to answer your question, when I was with S.O.U. I carried two because they were "stylish". Everyone one on the team carried the Glock 17. So if the need arose we could share mags. I never ever could hit the side of a barn with my two. Not trying to brag, but I shot OK, with every other gun I owned except the glock. Plus I didn't like the internal safety, if that's what they elected to call it.
    BlackGUN

polishshooter
    (11/13/01 10:41:35 pm)
    You're right, Bob, it was a conspiracy...

Add the M95 Steyr's they rechambered to 8mm Mauser too...

Funny, they gave the rechambered ones to their allies, then produced the 8x56RH ammo and issued UNALTERED ones to their own einztruppen, think they KNEW?

How about the Arisaka-Carcano hybrid Mussolini had made at Beretta then sold to the Jap Navy as an "improvement?"

A Professional
    (11/14/01 1:38:03 am)
    You couldnt GIVE me a Mossberg, Benelli or Remmington all the way. Love my 870 Marine Magnum.

Xracer
    (11/14/01 9:47:11 am)
    I bought one of the early AMT Hardballers........Total turd! Took it back to the dealer (a friend).....he fired it, took a couple of more out of stock and shot them....and shipped the whole lot back! He refunded my money with profuse apologies.

polishshooter
    (11/14/01 10:55:28 am)
    Weren't the early Hardballers the ones that invented the term "galling?" SS on SS?

So maybe they served a GOOD purpose....now lots of SS autos work with no problems, as long as two different SS alloys are used in the slide and frame.

My competition .45 is built on a Hardballer frame, but uses a blued slide, and I've had NO problems at all, mebbe 100-150,000 rounds through it....I bought the frame through J&G, If I remember it was 82 or 83, so it musta been an early one....

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/14/01 12:17:55 pm)
    An RG. Sorry piece of shiite of a handgun I have ever seen.

Confused? Don't be so sure.

ysacres
    (11/14/01 12:45:53 pm)
    I had a Colt All American 2000 9mm, would not cycle , would not shoot, did not eject, did not look good, and could not give it away.

the right of the people to keep and bear arms

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/14/01 4:37:51 pm)
    I own two Glocks. When I first saw a Glock, I swore I'd never own one. Who wants a plastic hammerless gun without a safety? I became a believer when I fired one. Of course the one I fired had trigger work done on it, extended controls and night sites. Now I own that very gun. I have yet to fire one without any enhancements. The Glock feels good in your hand, it shoots straight and is relatively inexpensive. Not a bad combination. I'm not saying they are the best guns in the world, but they are pretty dadgummed good.

Hey BG, isn't that a Glock in your picture?

H.

BlackGun
    (11/14/01 5:41:56 pm)

Herby, I'm busted, yes it is, Im to lazy to change it for something else. It does sound hychrictical HUH!

Glocks may be great guns, the two I had, I couldn't hit with them, but that was back in the mid 80's maybe thay are new and improved! I just never bought another, or even fired one since then. My apologies to the Glock owners!
    BlackGUN

gpostal
    (11/14/01 7:13:09 pm)
    remember when they came out ?a model 17 was the first one available and all the media and anti gunners jumped on it being plastic claiming it will go through metal detectors

bg i have a few pics if you want to change that one ,what flavor you want?

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/14/01 11:28:24 pm)
    BG...no apologies needed. We don't have to all like the same guns. I really dislike the newer S&W semi-autos. That doesn't mean they suck. It just means they don't suit me. Everyone should carry and use what they feel comfortable with.

Even if you are comfortable with a dead fish I guess...Right?

H.

zombiedawg
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/15/01 1:57:30 am)
    | Edit | Del Glocks
    BG- you should at least shoot one.
    I want to get a G-30 or a Beretta soon.

I remember that GP, as if the whole gun was plastic and the bullets had no metal in them.

A Professional
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/15/01 4:18:36 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: Glocks
    Glocks? I cant diss any company that came out with this baby!

www.armored-fire.com/glock-movie.htm

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/15/01 7:49:17 am)
    Pro...I'd be real curious to see his target after that little shooting binge. I wonder if he hit it? hehe

H.

BlackGun
    (11/15/01 11:50:38 am)
    Herby, Now ya really hurt the fat donut boys feeings! When I said I couldn't hit the side of a barn, I was serious. At 7 yrds. maybe one out of a mag made it in the 10 ring. At 15 yrds. maybe one made it in the 8 ring at 25 yrds, forget it

Dan. I have a 45 I tried to replace it with but, for some reason, I can't change it in my control panel, under edit preferences. Dang, it just worked A mirical

Dawg, your right too, I had better shoot another Glock before I judge them all as junk. The Glock 17 was the first Glock that came out as I remember and we all bought at the same time. It's been so long ago, I really can't remember, it may just have been me and my vain ways because I couldn't hit with the two I had!!

Dan this what I wanted to change it too.

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 11/15/01 11:54:01 am

gpostal
    (11/15/01 12:08:41 pm)
    bg i am not for sure when ,but they did make some improvements ,one i know of is the trigger ,they call it a hybrid safety ,i think it is more of a "dao" than before ,i can't say much more just know by reading and glock owners ,but still not my type of carry pistol how i carry one wouldn't be good for the family jewels ,i think they are only good for high ride holsters ,unless of course you you don't want to chamber a round

zombiedawg
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/15/01 1:02:36 pm)
    | Edit | Del G-30
    I have held the G-30 and I have to say that it is the most comfortable fit for my small hands.

BG I felt the same way until I shot my G-27. For the sub compact though you really need the finger extension. My hands aren't that small.

BlackGun
    (11/15/01 1:30:40 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: G-30
    Ok, Guys, I'm not to proud to admit that I may have over reacted a tad and been a little immature in my judgement. I do recall that the Glock 17's I had, only had a tiny extention built into the trigger that they called a safety. There was almost zero trigger pull. I personally thought the design was dangerious, thinking in lines of snagging the trigger and it's safety on something and having an AD. So, Lets do it this way, we're all family here, right! So, everybody send me your Glocks for a trial 90 day basics shoot/test. Then I'll report back on my changed opinions. Who'll be first, step up!

Dawg! Since you just live around the corner, you can come help me shoot all these Test Glocks and pick you one out

You guys send lots of Buddits too
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 11/15/01 1:33:25 pm

zombiedawg
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/15/01 4:49:14 pm)
    | Edit | Del OK
    I'll be right there!!!

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/15/01 5:40:30 pm)
    | Edit | Del Let's make a deal.
    OK BG. I'll make a deal with you. This second get together should be coming around. I hear tell of it being in the Dallas area. Surely you will be able to make it to the Dallas area to squeeze off a few with old friends right? I plan on doing everything I can to make it. I'll bring at least two Glocks for test firing.

Of course I'd love to send them to you, but since you aren't an FFL holder (that I know of) you can't receive it. Too bad huh? Well on second thought...I don't think I'd send it to you anyway

H.

BlackGun
    (11/15/01 6:25:04 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Let's make a deal.
    Herby, I am to F.F.L. (Fat, fluffy & Lovin) See ya in Dallas

Dawg, we still gotta do lunch, We need to set a date and invite AntiqueDr, to buy, I'm hungery for Mexican food, how about you!
    BlackGUN

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/15/01 6:42:02 pm)
    When it absolutly positively has to go off......Choose Glock!!

PERFECT AD`s IN THE HOLSTER EVERY TIME!!!, no foot to tuff

BlackGun
    (11/15/01 6:54:55 pm)
    LTS, now you pop in, where were you when I was kickin Um in the dirt?
    Authorised Glock cleaner man! I own a Maytag dishwasher
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 11/15/01 6:58:17 pm

southernfreedom
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/15/01 7:28:22 pm)
    BlackGun & gpostal & others : Thanks for the info on Glocks. I don't know what
    that
    trigger safety is but it sounds bad. I do want a .45 someday, I'm told it
    has as much knockdown power as a .357 magnum. Anyone know if that is true?
    Maybe I'lltry to borrow a Glock and see how it feels.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/15/01 7:41:39 pm)
    Always trolling looking for an in. Been kinda run down as of late, wife thinks I have walking newmonie. Dang, everyone`s whinning bout something and I ain`t got time to be sick, gonna start sleeping standing up in the corner, learned real well how to sleep standing up at the Police academy.........that and donut training were my best courses. I specialized in donut holes, don`t you know......give that some thought next time you eat one.

BlackGun
    (11/15/01 7:57:24 pm)
    Bruce! see Shooter45's post in the B/S/T section on his Springfield!

LTS! The world wouldn't be safe with two of us out there on the highways and byways of Texas. Lord Help us
    BlackGUN

zombiedawg
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/16/01 10:37:43 am)
    | Edit | Del BG
    I never can have enough mexican food.

Omicron from GB
    (11/17/01 7:13:29 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: BG
    BG -

Fat donut boys? And that was directed at who?

BlackGun
    (11/17/01 7:19:51 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: BG
    Fat Donut Boy was directed to me It's what LTS calls me affectionately!
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 11/17/01 10:54:02 pm

Omicron from GB
    (11/17/01 10:12:06 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: BG
    Got it, thanks. Sorry for the inference.

AGunguy
    (11/17/01 10:24:54 pm)
    In my humble opinion, glocks suck because they are squared off ugly guns with a crappy looking mickey mouse trigger set up. Wouldn't buy one on a bet. Would I accept a freebee, sure, then I'd trade it for a nice looking gun that don't look like it was made by Matel and purchased at Toys R us.

Hey, not them damn bricks again...ow ow ow!

Gunguy

BlackGun
    (11/17/01 10:56:27 pm)
    GG! Don't fret! I live in a glass house too. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps! In coming! Duck!
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 11/17/01 10:57:19 pm

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/17/01 11:13:17 pm)
    Did someone say Duck?

Whoops sorry, mind just wanders this time of year!

Been Saving my $$ for awhile now, could have a Glock but I think I'll keep my eye on the prize..........HI-POWER

Browning-The Best There Is.

BlackGun
    (11/17/01 11:32:37 pm)
    RB, I wished I owned a 100 Brownings instead of just two

AGunguy
    (11/17/01 11:53:09 pm)
    Now that's one smart quacker, way to go, RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.